Tam 28-75 OR Sig 10-20 decision

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Ok, we`re goin for a lil short break near York soon and i want to grab some half decent shots with my new 40d.

However, my only lens atm is the 70-200 f2.8L and whilst its great for candids, portraits and many other things, i feel i would like another lens to cover the shorter focal lengths.

Thus, my Tamron 28-75 f2.8 or Sigma 10-20mm dilema!

I know they are both very different but i want something that will give me something different as i dont have anything particular in mind, i want to feel inspired and choose my shots from there if that makes sense :)

I`d love the Sigma for architecture and landscapes,however at this point i dont yet have a tripod (altho i plan to get one along with a decent cokin/lee filter set in the future). I guess the Sigma would also offer opportunities for quirky/gritty street scenes too?

The Tamron i`d love too as its great for portraits, street stuff, indoor shots and even some landscape stuff i spose.

If you were looking for `something extra` to add to your kit that will have a wide range of practical uses, which out of those two lenses would you choose and why?

Thanks

Ade

I think I'd go for the 10-20 as I dont think the focul length on the 24-75 what you were looking for.
The shots I took at york [arcitechture] were all taken at 18mm with my 18-55 lens. Alot of the time I wish I'd had something smalller but I didnt...Its your choice at the end of the day. Other than that sigma do a 17-70, to still give you the range of a small telephoto, but to give you that bit more from 17-24.....

oo decisions decisions.

I used both with my D80:) I'd say 10-20mm first, then get the 28-75...

Back