Tamara Lackey on photographing kids

Totally banal comments from both women, I'm afraid...

They lost me when discussing the photo of the kid in the fur hat: the reason that image works so well is that it does break with convention - eyes are 'wrong'; too much space on the right and the off-putting white wall above the bedstead...

There they are saying that the 'maker' (WTF - what happened to 'photographer'??? Bloody yanks with their reinventing of the language) should have made more space on the left and cropped in tighter to exclude the white wall..
And thus make it just like every other bloody run-of-the-mill kiddie portrait...

Pair of duffers if you ask me...

Uh, have to agree with that part of it. The old woman did my head in with her "That's what separates us professionals from the amateurs..." I did something else while that part was on.
The useful part has been seeing Tamara's techniques in actually doing the shoots.
And yeah about the language stuff...

Totally banal comments from both women, I'm afraid...

They lost me when discussing the photo of the kid in the fur hat: the reason that image works so well is that it does break with convention - eyes are 'wrong'; too much space on the right and the off-putting white wall above the bedstead...

There they are saying that the 'maker' (WTF - what happened to 'photographer'??? Bloody yanks with their reinventing of the language) should have made more space on the left and cropped in tighter to exclude the white wall..
And thus make it just like every other bloody run-of-the-mill kiddie portrait...

Pair of duffers if you ask me...

I'd like to see the alternative version of this video - "Rob Meets The Old Duffers". :LOL:

Right, I'm off to watch the original now. :)

I'd like to see the alternative version of this video - "Rob Meets The Old Duffers". :LOL:

Right, I'm off to watch the original now. :)

Might be rated PG because of the swearing, I think...lol

After seeing the pic of the kid with THE MOST FREAKY LOOKING EYES EVER! I'm rather glad it was a live show. I never want to make a child look like it is posessed thank you.

Back