Review Tamrac Pro 8 Shoulder Bag

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All

I am writing this review basically because i felt i could now contribute somethign to the site so in doing this i will be giving a review of the Tamrac Pro 8 Shoulder Carry Camera Bag. I will rate each section out of 5so its easy to decide for yourself.

Build Quality?

Build quality is proberly a bad term to use when explaining a camera bag, what i mean is like durability and shape size and fabric. Its a medium size shoulder carry that isnt too big infact if your an amateur photographer or even a pro this bag is ideal from proberly 2 camera bodies 2 flashguns and 4 lenses. When you look at the bag you can tell straight away your never going to drop anything out of the bag unless you undo all the clips and zips. Its so well padded even if everything is zipped up and you hit something with your bag the contents inside are going to be safe. Its got two clips on the top two sides and 2 in the bottom centre of the bag. Also behind that is the velcro straps which is always a good support for keeping the bag closed and obviously at the top under the hood of the bad is the zip. Either side of the bag has mini pockets which will store any normal digital point and shoot camera with batteries and accessories. Above both sides of the side pockets are the straps that make the long strap for your shoulder carry which is adjustable like most bags. The strap itself is very compfortable which is obviosuly good if your walking long distances. And if all else fails and your shoulder does hurt (WHICH IT SHOULDNT) then you have the handle on top of the bag with a gel mesh which makes it slightly smoother.

Rating : 5/5

How much can you store?

Previous to the last paragraph the storage is fantasitic inside. Long velcro strips on either sides of the bag so you can customise the space inside with the fabric pads. As you can see in the image below i have 2 bodies either side of the bag Canon 30D on the left and the Canon 10D on the right. At the back of the bag is my 70 - 300 USM lens which under it had more fabric pads which make another level for the lens to sit on. Under the pads is my Flashgun. (THINK SMARTER NOT HARDER). Then at the front of the bag i have seperated the large gap into a 2 holder gap which makes room for two more lenses. (ONCE AGAIN IF YOU USE THE FABRIC PADS SMART ENOUGH YOU COULD EASILY GET A LENS UNDERNEATH AND TWO ON TOP). On the fold over flap of the bag you can see 2 compartments with a see through plastic. These are obviosuly 2 fair size pouches for batteries or Memory cards that have zips to keep them secure. On the outside of the bag is another compartment which can hold phones smaller cameras lenses games etc and within that are also small compartments that may fit memory stick in etc. As you can see in the images below it should fit the description.

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

How much can it store?: 5/5

Price?

Now we get to the fun part. Attached is a link to warehouse express where they sell this exact bag for £59 which is resonably cheap when you think about what your getting. JUST TO CLARIFY ABOUT THE TWO BODIES I HAVE IN THE CAMERA BAG.......... THE GRIPS ARE ALSO ATTACHED SO NO WORRIES ON EXTRA STORAGE THE BAG IS JUST THAT DEEP. This i feel isnt a bad price for a camera bag as advanced as this. Before i got this bag i was still torn between another Lowepro bag or a Tamrac. If you dont feel the pictures and reviews in this description give you 100% certainty to get the bag i sugguest you go and try it in somewhere like Cameraworld (CHELMSFORD) (LONDON).

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=14847

Here is a link to the warehouse express

I hope my review has been detailed and helpful. I do recommend this bag and i would only sugguest going to the Pro 12 Tamrac Bag if you are an excess of 5 lenses and 2 bodies etc. Just to calrify the Pro 12 is a slightly bigger version of the Pro 8.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

CC's Are Welcomed

thanks for the great detailed review, I got a smaller tamrac bag similar to this with a subscription to dslr user mag and use it more than any of my bags..this review is very helpful...any chance of a review of the wilkos hardwood patio set..I ordered one on friday, hope its ok and about £200.00 cheaper than B&Q.

paul

SORRY Paul

Dont have that one up my sleeve but i wish you all the best with it. Could have gone towards a lens though :(

Thanks for the positive feedback

Kind Regads

thanks for the great detailed review, I got a smaller tamrac bag similar to this with a subscription to dslr user mag and use it more than any of my bags..this review is very helpful...any chance of a review of the wilkos hardwood patio set..I ordered one on friday, hope its ok and about £200.00 cheaper than B&Q.

paul

Oh shoot, I knew you would say that, it looks like the one in your pictures anyway, to late I've ordered it now..the bag review is spot on and I am sure will help some of TP'S members out!

Well i dunno about the tables its my parents. I used it cos it was lighter outside. Although we have had that table for 6 years now and its great/ Just make sure when you order the chairs get the cushions as well SORE BUM OTHERWISE.

Many Thanks

Back