tamron 150-600 G2 v sigma 150-600 sport

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Hi can anyone give me hands on advice on either of these lenses i have got a 7d mk ii and looking at either to go with it , i know the sigma is heavy but that doesn't bother me , in peoples opinion what would be the better all round lens for wildlife and bif . thanks

Obviously not your kind of literature, but this months Nikon N-Photo magazine tested both Sigma’s, the Tamron G2 and the Nikon 200-500m.
The Sigma C won best value and they said it was sharper than the G2, which surprised me, I have the C and I am very happy with it.
The Sport won best overall lens.
I think there are both excellent and average copies of each, depends what you end up with and equally how in tune it is with your body.

I had one of the first sport versions and did well with it , sold it after 3 years .. I have now changed to Nikon and have the sigma 150-600 C. And imho it’s as good as the sport but lighter .i.q wise you won’t see any difference but your pocket will

Last edited:
Just to buck the trend- I have the Tamron 150-600mm G2 and prefer it to my Sigma300mm f2.8

Les

I have the 7d2 with the sigma 150-600c. It is a really nice combination

stick to your canon branded lens's

As usual another one of your stupid replies....
If the likes of Canon and Nikon made 150-600 lenses but they don't.

I don't think you'll make a mistake with either of these two lenses.
Some reviews say the Tamron is sharper and some say the Sigma is.
I've seen plenty of photos taken with both that are sharp and a friend is vey happy with the G2.
My preference is Tamron over Sigma and I'll be buying the G2 version from einifity when funds allow me.

don't call me stupid
im allowed my opinion

So what part of your trolling helps the OP?
Your comment was irrelevant to the thread.

i have tried the canon 100-400 and found it a very capable lens
also if he buys the canon it will work with future canon cameras
where the 3rd party ones might not as has happened to some people i have spoke to
that's why i prefer the branded lens's over 3rd party

With the dock you can flash your own firmware on the lenses so I can't see there being a problem.

I had the 100-400mm MKII and the Sigma 150-600mm sport. I kept the sport and recently purchased another (over the 200-500mm) for my Nikon D500.

Back