tamron 150-600mm c

Edit My Images
No
whats the lens like to live with ?
does it do what it says on the tin? and how well or badly ?
do you really need the usb dock ?
had any issues with it

cheers

There is a dedicated thread about this lens :)

im getting mixed up between the 2 lens's
so anyone with the sigma or tamron want to give any infor about there lens ?

theres whole threads about the tamrons and sigmas with sample images. cant fault my tamron and likewise i think people with the sig are equally happy

Had mine for about a year now, and to be honest, for the price, there's not much to complain about. For me at least, the worst part of the lens is the removable lens hood, which is made of cheap bendy plastic, and because you can distort it in your hand, can sometimes make putting it on a little tricky.

TBH though, I'm nit-picking. I use mine on a D810 and a D750, and it's tack sharp on both (even very good wide open at F6.3). AF is quick and positive, VR is superb (and in some cases better than Nikon's own implementation. Zoom action is very smooth and the colour are great.

If I really had to criticise the lens, it would be 1) the switches on the side are a little small and can be a touch hard to move (especially wearing gloves). Secondly I've had a couple of issues with the AF stopping working and needing to re-seat the lens, but to be fair it hasn't happened for a good while now.

Long and short is would I purchase it again knowing what I do now ? Yes, absolutely 100%

Last edited:
Andrew can you confirm if its the tamron or siggy you have ??

Yes Tamron

that would be the tamron as . as far as im aware the siggy has a fixed metal lens hood whereas the tamron is a plastic removable one

Sigma has a removable plastic hood

It's very robust though.

Back