tamron 17-50 f2.8

Name
phil
Edit My Images
Yes
due to the canon l lens getting so expensive i was thinking of this lens,it can be bought for around £300
what do people on the forum think ?
i want this for indoor photography
please advise
thanks.

It's sharp as a needle and rarely off my camera. The only thing it lacks is IS but to be honest at a short focal range like this you don't really miss it.

Mines going back because of an AF issue, it just stops AF'ing and I have to reboot the D300 to get it going again. Although that is with the Nikon AF system so I don't want to put you off. Another note on AF is that I find mine hunts an awful lot even in moderate light. In terms of sharpness I find it's ok but not quite as sharp as I'd hoped even at f8-f11. Can't be beaten on price though....

Mines going back because of an AF issue, it just stops AF'ing and I have to reboot the D300 to get it going again. Although that is with the Nikon AF system so I don't want to put you off. Another note on AF is that I find mine hunts an awful lot even in moderate light. In terms of sharpness I find it's ok but not quite as sharp as I'd hoped even at f8-f11. Can't be beaten on price though....

No issues with af or hunting on thee 50D and if people think the nifty sharp they will be blown away with the tamron - hopefully yours will come back a lot better.

Back