Tamron 17-50 vc (canon mount)

Edit My Images
No
I have been looking at budget lenses for my 60d...for alot of the shots i want to take(portraits) and my budget....I seem to have come to the decision of the above lens.

The best price is £319.00 from the "procamerashop.co.uk" They seemed to have good reviews to go along side the best price.

Thoughts appreciated:)

Don't know how come, but non-vc is sharper then vc. There are plenty of reviews and formal tests to confirm that.

Don't know how come, but non-vc is sharper then vc. There are plenty of reviews and formal tests to confirm that.

yeh im just reading some reviews now thanks...its seems non-vc is sharper yeh(in good light)

i dont think ill be taking alot of portraits shots in bad light anyways...maybe non-vc is better for me...thanks:)

I've just got the Nikon mount non-VC one (it arrived about an hour ago!) based on recommendations from on here and I'm liking it so far. :D

If you have seen new reviews the rating of the VC model has improved, the 1st production runs were soft but production qc seams to have improved.

I have seen a couple of reviews which rate the VC as good as the canon 17-55.

I guess it all depends if you get a sharp one or not.

I bought a non VC version from procamerashop.co.uk. Great lens and great service - it arrived next day.

My daughter recently bought the VC version (after a disastrous sample of the Sigma 17-70 OS) and its excellent

Would have to think long and hard to justify the extra money for a replacement if my Canon 17-55mm ever bites the dust, no way is it worth twice the amount

Last edited:
some great feedback/reveiws about this lens...for the price it sounds like im going to get a great lens....looking forward to it arriving:D

Back