Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Name
Ste
Edit My Images
Yes
Im considering buying this lens next Friday , i've read alot reviews on this lens and it seems a pretty good.

Im not usually one for buying 3rd party lenses, due to luck of the draw if your going to get a good copy or not.

Also if anybody has any shot taken with this lens could you post a few examples please.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/37412600@N00/ is a group just for it....

I'm really pleased with mine. Some people moan about the AF speed, but from my (brief) uses of a nikon 18-55 f2.8, it's not actually much slower than the pro glass... and the af noise is quite noisy, but by no means as bad as some people make out.

As is my reccomendation for offbrand glass in particular, buy it second hand, it saves you from the 'sigma shuffle' because you can get a full crop picture taken through that lens before you part with your cash, as well as saving a fair amount of money...

Thanks for that, some really impressive pictures taken with this lens.

I haven't got one but the MTF characteristics are nothing short of amazing for a 3rd party fast zoom lens.

Bob

I've got one, and I love it! Having said that, I've never used pro glass, so I wouldn't know the difference!

Chris

I've got one & the canon70-200F4L and I love them equally the same...bless their little hearts :D

I won't tell you what I paid for mine new though - it will make you jealous as it was well before this credit crunch thingy...

love the bokeh and accurate focus

I have the version without the motor,got it on Andy`s recommendation, compared to my 17-55 Nikon,it is damned near as good in all departments for a lot less money.....and weight.

I rate it highly.

Love mine to bits!
Quick, sharp and good DoF

have an example:

2951361643_521ae6a9af.jpg

Double post, sorry!

+1 to all of the above, get one!

tamron 17-50 for the canon, on a 40D.
cracking stuff for the money
use it a lot, very nice and cheap too before the prices went crazy on us.
comes with a bayonet lens hood
most of my photos with it are high speed, high ISO ones
the first .4 shots are taken with this lens some with and some without flash

i have the tamron 28-75 f2.8 i wonder how it compares

This was taken with the 17-50 on a D70

3155273800_8a3d866917.jpg

Optically it's a great lens, the only "issue" is that the beauty ring at the front works loose, but it's a 2 minute job to fix.

I'll also add my approval of this lens, though I have heard bad things about the versions with focus motors in them. My only gripe is that it isn't full frame :p

I have one and it's excellent. I bought it in America for a little under £300. I have no idea how much more I would have to spend to find a Canon lens as sharp but I think the cheapest realistic contender is the EF-S17-55 - about twice as expensive :eek:

Back