Tamron 55-200 for D40 - very impressed

Edit My Images
Yes
I recently picked up the non VR manual focus Tamron 55-200 for the D40 for a silly £30 delivered brand new.

I was doubtful of it's quality especially having no AF-S but after just a few shots y/day i'm pleasantly surprised how nice a piece of glass it is with very good build quality !

Will try and get some outdoor results today but a quick portrait of my daughter last night yielded a surprisingly good result :)

For £30 a bit of a no brainer.

DSC_9201.jpg

I've never seen or used this lens, but generally I find that Tamron lenses always punch well above their weight price wise.

Got some mixed results today - not ideal for fast moving subjects i'd have to say.

Here's some of the better ones...

Can't understand on this one why my son is out of focus yet my wife fine

DSC_9154.jpg

DSC_9222.jpg

DSC_9225.jpg

DSC_9237.jpg

DSC_9283.jpg

DSC_9287.jpg

DSC_9307.jpg

DSC_9322.jpg

:agree:

I got mine from Jessops for £37.
It's a beauty alright!

Check my flickr site, and all the animal shots on the 1st page were taken with the 55-200mm and Nikon D200.......

As you say, not that great for fast moving, but pukka for static shots!

I see the one of your wife and son were shot at F4
Maybe this is why the little lad is out of focus :shrug:
And you must have focused on your wife I guess.........

It's a beauty alright!

Check my flickr site, and all the animal shots on the 1st page were taken with the 55-200mm and Nikon D200.......

As you say, not that great for fast moving, but pukka for static shots!

I see the one of your wife and son were shot at F4
Maybe this is why the little lad is out of focus :shrug:
And you must have focused on your wife I guess.........

I see what your saying Andy but they were in the same plane ie not one in front of the other.....still confused :thinking:

Got mine from Bristol Cameras circa £30

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=tamron+55-200

I don't think it points to a failing in the lens that your son is slightly OOF - more likely either a slight bit of motion blur, or more likely them appearing to be on the same plane, but the narrow DOF is just enough to throw him out...

There's nothing wrong with these shots! What a bargain!

Got some mixed results today - not ideal for fast moving subjects i'd have to say.

Here's some of the better ones...

Can't understand on this one why my son is out of focus yet my wife fine

Some great results there for a £30 lens, i wouldn't say your son is out of focus just a bit soft compared to your wife, you could try it again at 5.6 or a bit lower.

awesome, especially - C14 TJC

It's a beauty alright!

Looks like jessops stopped selling them about a week ago, or just run out of stock, hardly surprising i guess.

I don't think it points to a failing in the lens that your son is slightly OOF - more likely either a slight bit of motion blur, or more likely them appearing to be on the same plane, but the narrow DOF is just enough to throw him out...

There's nothing wrong with these shots! What a bargain!

Think it must have been a bit of motion blur as he likes to move about !!

nnot used mine bar a couple of test snaps, i am impressed for the price, recommended to others

Back