Tamron 55-200 or Canon 55-200

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Hey people, recently I've been offered a used Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II for £80. I haven't seen it personally as it's an ad from Scotland. Doing some price searching on eBay and the likes I found a Tamron AF 55-200mm Di II LD Macro refurbed for £50!

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on these two lenses and which one is better of the two? Also if the price being asked for is decent.

Currently also in my lens collection is the 18-55kit and a 50mm f1.8

Thanks guys!

I wouldn't touch ether. U can get the canon 55-250 for around £120 new if ur on a budget

Thanks for the fast responses. Ok advice taken, I'm completely new to photography and was only looking at the lower end of the zoom lenses to see if they were for me. I'm more of a street/food photographer I find.

I noticed the 55-250 is an EF-S lens, meaning they only fit on APS-C sensors? I wouldn't be able to fit that on a full framed camera if I decided to upgrade in the future right?

To be honest if your looking at £80 -£100 lenses, full frame compatibility shouldn't be a worry. Many full frame lenses sell for 5x that.

hello.
I have the 55-250mm and imo its a great lens for the money and fits in nicely with the standard kit lens.

I don't think you will regret getting one.

Back