Tamron 70-300 lens stuck on Macro.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I flicked the switch on my Tamron 70-300 lens to macro today to take some photos, but now I cant switch it back, the switch wont move. Any ideas please? I know the answer is going to be embarrassingly simple:|....

file_zpse214c2fb.jpg

if it's like the sigma I had, there was something about the focal length or distance which gave me grief from time to time

This is going to bug me now as mine used to do this and I cant remember how to do free it arrgghh

Sometimes I have to zoom to 180 then focus all the way out before the switch will flick, it seemed a lot easier when it was new 6 years ago though.

Thanks everyone. After a lot of time trying all the above I managed to do it. But to be honest I cant remember exactly what I did as was getting mad with it and just trying everything!

Thanks again.

I got a 2nd hand one of these for 60 quid off ebay last week. Does the same sometimes. What seems to clear it is pointing the camera into the difference and a half-shutter press to focus. Switch can be clicked back immediately after.

Have you tried switching to manual focus mode?

This is definitely the way to do it - the lens won't switch to and from macro unless the focus mark (small white line) is off the part of the focus ring/distance scale that is marked with a gold line - so you need to switch to manual focus and turn the focus ring off the gold line.

It’s not a fault. In the manual, it says that in order to return from macro to normal photography mode the focus ring should be set between 1.5m to infinity. Then you just flick the switch from macro to normal. (Aware this is an old forum however I had this problem and looked on here for an answer but there wasn’t a clear one so found the manual).

Back