1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. tee_tee

tee_tee

Name:
    Taheer
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is the nikkor way ahead than the so called improved tamron? :thinking:

2. Myrdhinn

Myrdhinn

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Actually a lot of test sites put the Nikon just a bit behind or at worst equal, so it's buy which you can get cheapest.

3. StuartH

StuartH

Name:
    Stuart
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I tried both and walked out the store with the tamron mate..its a cracking lens!
    The vc is amazing and its very well built.Bit larger than the nikon but I preferred its size.Image quality is very good and rivals maybe tops the nikon at certain focal lengths.Heres a link to a thread with some sample images.
    http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=289253

4. tee_tee

tee_tee

Name:
    Taheer
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nice one

5. c22w1

c22w1

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mmmm... Same dilemma here, not really bothered about resale values because I don't plan on selling but most reviewers seem to come out on the tamron side where IQ is concerned.

6. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
  7. Tizer

Tizer

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I get along with my nikon 70-300 really well, but having never owned the Tamron, i can't really comment :eek:

8. gadgeteer

gadgeteer

Edit My Images:
    No
    I've not used the Nikon but did own the Tamron before trading it in for a 70-200 f2.8 beasty

The Tamron IQ is excellent and the VR locks onto it's subject like a dog with a bone. Allowing you to take photos at 300mm at some very low shutter speeds.

You could do a lot lot worse than get that. I was actually tempted to keep it just to use as a casual holiday lens but funds didn't allow that :crying:

9. new2me

new2me Suspended / Banned

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can't help but notice this thread was started almost 18 months ago :shrug: