Tamron AF Aspherical 28-200mm

Name
Albert
Edit My Images
Yes
I was given this lens by a friend who bought it some 8 years ago. As you can see the pics are not exactly pin sharp. Is there anything wrong with this lens or are the result what one should expect from it ?

Rebel XSi f11 1/60 sec slightly cropped and sharpened.

Your help would be appreciated.

...... As you can see the pics are not exactly pin sharp. Is there anything wrong with this lens or are the result what one should expect from it ?

Rebel XSi f11 1/60 sec slightly cropped and sharpened.

If you've cropped the image then I assume they were at 200mm and a speed of 1/60 is slow...more so for a living creature. All that said, you're not going to replicate the quality seen on here from the prime lenses or higher spec zooms.

Bob

i'm also using tamron 28-200mm and find the sharpness is reduced due to the slower AF and moving subjects, looking at your samples i would find them acceptable personally, however on static subjects a steady hand/tripod gives good results from a lens in this end of the market
the only other dissadvantage i find with the tamron is a warmer colour cast however we do have photoshop !
the one anoyance i find with the lens is the minimum focal length of 6.9ft!

Hi
Thanks to both. I was at 200mm, but the camera was on a tripod and I was also using a remote control, but not the mirror lock at a distance of 6.5 feet from the subject. The dop must be a couple of inches at this distance. I shall have to try using a faster shutter speed maybe that will help, but I guess one cannot expect better results with this lens.

Back