Tamron and new tripod

Edit My Images
No
Ok I snapped the tripod head off my velbon mini cx as I moved it while it was too tight so it broke at the plastic.So im looking for a new tripod but have no idea what to get i'd like something light and compact no more than £100 though head included I do all sorts of photography.

Also my 2nd question is what are tamron lenses like? I mean they seem like a next step up from sigma im thinking of the tamron 18-200 as I already have 18-55 kit and a 50mm 1.8 so I want some bigger range.Any other suggestions welcome :) I shoot canon btw (400d)

thanks

What sort of budget do you have in mind?

Being totally honest, I'd suggest you stick to Sigma at that budget, but look out for their "EX" range - their pro spec range. These lenses tend to feel nice and solid and well made, I have often found Tamron lenses to look and feel rather plasticky, although optically the one I have (19-35mm) is a corker of a lens.

You cetainly have plenty of options - particularly if you look to buy from Hong Kong (someone like One Stop digital) or maybe from kerso. You could head down the super-wide angle route - Sigma 10-20mm. Alternatively save for a little longer and look at a Canon 70-200mm F4 L - One Stop are currently selling those for £369.99.

Happy hunting!

I have to disagree with Witch when it comes to the old Sigma vs Tamron argument. Yes, Sigma lenses do 'feel' slightly better, however, the fact is that when comparing like-for-like lenses Tamron almost always come out on top when it comes to pure optical performance.

In addition, Sigma lenses seem to suffer from more build inconsistencies than Tamron lenses.

I currently own a Tamron 17-50mm Di II lens and a Tamron 90mm Macro lens in addition to a Sigma 70-300mm APO (which I must admit, is a great lens for the money).

btt again still need a tripod :)

Back