Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Vs Sigma 150-600mm f5.6-6.3 DG OS HSM C

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone I'm looking for some advice on which lens is the best for me to purchase out of the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD And the Sigma 150-600mm f5.6-6.3 DG OS HSM For my canon 600d, I mainly photograph aircraft ( well try anyway ;) ) I've also started to take an interest in wildlife photography mainly flying birds, I current have a canon 100-400 mm lens which has served me ok but I'm wanting more reach, so which lens would you recommend I should buy, I appreciate everyone's time and responses. Also if any one could recommend some settings I should use as I'm still getting used to getting the best out of my camera, would it be best to sell my canon lens after I purchase or should I keep, Thankyou everyone :)

Last edited:
I'm not too sure that you will see much difference in image quality between the two, I had the cheaper one (Tamron) and it was very good, however with the advent of the Sigma dock for adjustments and firmware updates I would probably take that option if I were buying now :)

Thankyou for your quick response, the sigma definitely sounds good as it seems more future proof also :)

Back