Tamron VS Sigma, Wide Angel, 10-24mm

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hullo!

Jessops have a 10 month 0% interest offer running at the moment and I think I might take advantage to grab myself a half decent wide angel lens before my trip to Barcelona in August.

Here is what I am looking at:

Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 (This was the one I always wanted.)

Tamron 10-24mm F3.5

I know the Sigma is 1. slightly overpriced (I think) and 2. better than the Tamron.

But is it lots better? Being relatively new to photography still, would I notice it/get a full use of the Sigma for my extra £60?

Is there another wide angle lens people would recommend in this price bracket, that Jessops can supply?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

There is 150 difference on the lenses you linked to?

Last edited:
I think the tokina reference was to their superwides, there are 2 to consider, the 11-16mm and a 12-24mm. The 3rd tokina option, the 10-17mm is a fisheye zoom and a completely different beast which I doubt would be if any use to you.

Regarding the others, general consensus is the sigma is a good performer, although chances are the tamron will do the job well.

All told, all the above lenses can produce quality images if used correctly and if the one you fancy is available for £6 a month more than the others then go for it.

Mike

Unless you're doing massive prints, odds are they'll both be too similar to call.

I dont know the prices or availability of the tokinas, so the final choice is yours and your wallets!

Mike

Back