Targa High Country Rally

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Shot around noon today as the cars passed through a checkpoint. I'm afraid there's not much action,
road access to the route was closed to the public so I didn't get the images I wanted. Here are some that I got.
Targa-1.jpg

The vehicle above is the only one I can ID as back in the "Sixties" I owned one - it's an Aussie FJ Holden.
Targa-2.jpg

As I'm not really into motorsport I will be grateful to any who may care to ID the others.
Targa-3.jpg

I think this one might be a Mustang .... :thinking:
Targa-4.jpg

Well the broken down one above I can ID as I took particular note ... I never liked Fords much anyway! :thumbsdown:​

Targa-5.jpg

J.White's car appeared to be deep in the doo-doo, not only with a tyre ...
Targa-6.jpg

...but also it's engine that appears to be held together ...
Targa-7.jpg

... with nylon straps and duct tape! :D
Targa-8.jpg

I appreciate your lack of motorsport experience Mark,it's all about the timing to some extent,so you're spot on with the gazebo shots ;)

Wondering if these are suffering from a tad too much saturation,or other pp :thinking:
There's a high iso on the porsche shot btw

...but thanks for sharing the cars and the weather (y)

OH was fascinated by these and enjoyed reminiscing over Targa clocks!!!

Love the details and the sharpness generally!

I'm off to see the underbelly of rallying tonight as I marshal on a (probably) wet Welsh hillside with my control opening at "daft o'clock" in the morning!! Instead of a gazebo to keep the sun off me I take the camper van to make hot chocolate in between batches of cars coming through (late control so retirees will make for gaps!)

I appreciate your lack of motorsport experience Mark,it's all about the timing to some extent,so you're spot on with the gazebo shots ;) Wondering if these are suffering from a tad too much saturation,or other pp :thinking: There's a high iso on the porsche shot btw ...but thanks for sharing the cars and the weather (y)

Hi Martyn - I must admit that motorsport isn't my photographic forte, probably due to a general lack of passion and commitment to the genre. Nevertheless, it was an event and the press photographer in me stuggles on! lol

On Saturation, if you've never been to Oz then you will not be familiar with our lighting and how colours normally appear so much brighter. Having said that, I confess that my E-3's picture mode is mostly set to "Vivid" for shooting landscapes and perhaps for this shoot it would have been better reset to "Normal".

Now I may have erred by selecting ISO400 for the shoot. When I set up the camera I imagined the cars would be moving faster than they were and that I would be shooting at fairly high shutter speeds and small enough apertures to provide appropriate DOF.

And I just found a pic to ID the broken down Lambo' above ... Remind me not to buy one! LOL
Targa-9.jpg
OH was fascinated by these and enjoyed reminiscing over Targa clocks!!!Love the details and the sharpness generally!
I'm off to see the underbelly of rallying tonight as I marshal on a (probably) wet Welsh hillside with my control opening at "daft o'clock" in the morning!! Instead of a gazebo to keep the sun off me I take the camper van to make hot chocolate in between batches of cars coming through (late control so retirees will make for gaps!)
Thanks there, Tina and I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your rally shots set against a backdrop of a Welsh mountain!

Back