Tarn Hows, Cumbria

Very nice. Bring back fond memories of around 30 years ago when I swam in Tarn Hows.

Wow. Is it 3 exposures or have you used any filters too? I can never seem to capture rainbows. Looks like a location I need to pop up to :)

Cheers all, much appreciated.

Wow. Is it 3 exposures or have you used any filters too? I can never seem to capture rainbows. Looks like a location I need to pop up to :)

The only filter I use for my Landscape work is a Polariser which wasnt used here as it would have rendered the Rainbow invisible. I much rather blend several bracketed images as I find I have more control and can get a much more natural looking result of the scene at the time.

That's a really "Excellent" shot Mike, great sky & rainbow, good composition, and the lighting is somethin' else.(y)

George.

Gorgeous light and scene, and you've blended the images to perfection.
One teensy annoyance for me is the shadow at the bottom that keeps drawing my eye. I'd be tempted to lighten that up a bit but its a cracking image none the less.

Thanks again folks.
Gorgeous light and scene, and you've blended the images to perfection.
One teensy annoyance for me is the shadow at the bottom that keeps drawing my eye. I'd be tempted to lighten that up a bit but its a cracking image none the less.

Its the hill I was on and you can see my shadow on the left of it and I felt the same as you as I think it spoils the image Marie. Would have preferred the sun to have been a bit higher but then if I had waited I may not have had the rainbow or the light.

Lighting is fabulous Mike

Excellent image with the sky and the lighting and the timing with the Rainbow.

Andy

Tarn Hows is a fabulous place. Used to go here all the time in the 70s and 80s when I lived in the north.

Lovely capture

Back