tattoo guns

Name
Dave Peacock
Edit My Images
Yes
Im assuming this goes in here as its a close up shot/s
Popped round to see my tattoo artist and he asked me to do a few shots of his tattoo guns.

Click for larger picture:

Click for larger picture:

They don't tell me anything about a tattoo gun - sorry.

Don't know what a tattoo gun is - or looks like - or how it works - this picture doesn't tell me. That's all. Looking at just the picture I have no idea what it is.

Have to agree, its only cos I've had tattoos I know what they are.

I think the main thing that symbolizes tattoo equipment is the needles. How about getting some of them?

well im going to be doing a shoot with him soon actually doing a tattoo.
I want a close up of the needle going into the skin with ink etc on an arm.

I'll get some shots of them with a needle in next time as well.

Im still a bit confused as to why it would need a needle though, you still wouldnt see anything other than this same picture but with a small rod of metal coming out of it...
The machines were custom built for the artist in an unconventional way so they dont look like normal tattoo guns anyway.

Needle aside is the picture ok?
Anything you would do differently to improve?

Is there a way i could stop the burnt out highlights? its a high gloss resin finish on the capacitor and i used a difused flash pointing away from the guns.

Maybe a third shot with the needle, and then mount them as a triple shot (there is a fancy photographic term for this that completely escapes me!!) ... as the others have said, without the need hard to tell exactly what it is without your description - with the needle, and then hung in the tattoo studio, would give it more context (y)

im not sure if i could use any kind of sprays on these guns for hygeine reasons.
I'll find out though...

With the triptych you mean take 3 completely different pictures?

That could be cool, having just the guns, the guns and needles, then guns and needles being used or something along those lines...

Starting to turn into a bit of a project... i like it :)

Awp, with regards to it being used, you really dont see anything... when the tattoo guns are runnign it has ink which comes out the end so all you would see if the gun, metal rod, and arm and some ink... but you would get the idea that its being used...

i'll try not to make the pictures graphic with blood etc :)

Its going to be interesting seeing if i can take steady shots whilst im being inked also!

With the triptych you mean take 3 completely different pictures?

That could be cool, having just the guns, the guns and needles, then guns and needles being used or something along those lines...

something like THIS, could be similar or completely different. think you'll have to use trial and error to see what works

From the titles I was expecting some really close shots of the needle holes or something.

Back