Tawny Owl

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
Yes
4138691144_4aa087213e.jpg

4137982879_4b9e46a90a.jpg

This cute Owl has been a resident in my local park for a couple of years now but have only recently been down to photograph it. A rather obliging creature :)

Last edited:
That's a cracking shot Matty (y) Is the crop a bit tight though?

They both work for me great images
Regards
Lost

Great shots of the Tawny owl, another which is on my to see list, Well done (y)

John

lovely shot and lovely bird!

You sure that isn't stuffed :D ... I like those, I think the term 'oblivious' applies to this particular bird.

They are just beautiful. It looks nice and healthy too.
My sister found a Tawny Owl the other month sat on her dustbin. It was in a very poor state and looked like it had been hit by a car. We are fortunate to have a Birds of Prey Rescue Centre close to us but unfortunatley the little guy didn't make it, despite their best efforts. Its lovely to see a photo of one in good health as I can tell how thin and dull looking the one we found was. The Rescue Centre said Tawny's are actually real fighters and can often be rehabilited and released back into the wild.

They are just beautiful. It looks nice and healthy too.
My sister found a Tawny Owl the other month sat on her dustbin. It was in a very poor state and looked like it had been hit by a car. We are fortunate to have a Birds of Prey Rescue Centre close to us but unfortunatley the little guy didn't make it, despite their best efforts. Its lovely to see a photo of one in good health as I can tell how thin and dull looking the one we found was. The Rescue Centre said Tawny's are actually real fighters and can often be rehabilited and released back into the wild.

That's really nice to know. It seems to be happy, Went to look at it again this morning and there it was, Lovely :)

Two nice captures, love the light in the first. Agree with Ant about the tight crop.

great set, well done (y) Im still looking for the little owl at my dads place!

What a beautiful bird

Back