Tearsheets

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Has there been a ruling or new info? I was under the impression that you couldnt publish tearsheets of dataco covered pictures.. yet they are appearing all over the place...

Hi Tony. Being new to all this, I just don't 'get' the rules at all. Seems to me they need to update their thinking. In the old days, before the internet, I imagine it was necessary to actually have a 'hard copy' of the publication to keep as evidence of publication. Now with the internet, and on-line publication, its necessary to do a screen grab of your picture in an article and save it on your computer. I don't get the difference between publishing the original and publishing a cutting from an original. It all seems very confusing.

Thats my point.. AFAIK no publication is allowed.. not even a copy of it in paper... But loads seem to be doing it now so I wondred...

The rules ahve never been clear..

My understanding was that the rule regarding tearsheets was never made clear. When the question was asked "would tearsheets be included" the answer returned was something like "applies to all images". Maybe its just never been enforced.

hmm much as I would like to show... I aint gonna risk it :) I do have a large selection of tearsheets not dataco covered that I need to get online.. plus was gonna do a section showing the tearsheets i used to get a licence.. maybe in the licence article I already have online...

I don't see a problem with it, and with the number of people posting not just tear sheets but portfolio images taken from Dataco games on their websites im not too worried.

If i get asked to take them down i will

I don't see a problem with it, and with the number of people posting not just tear sheets but portfolio images taken from Dataco games on their websites im not too worried.

If i get asked to take them down i will

Honest truth mate.. didnt know you had any up for public view? The ones I ahve seen are not members on here.. but you do know them :)

I've seen a few of the guys on here with them posted, either on Flickr or their own site. I suppose that it's a bit Catch22 in terms of a Portfolio!

Im also aware of an agency that displays tersheets.

I am aware of agencies that display tearsheets as well.. Hence why I am asking :)

anyone can scan the newspaper and put it on the web, so why cant photographer who took it?

anyone can scan the newspaper and put it on the web, so why cant photographer who took it?

i agree.. no arguments here :) who ya asking? :)

There was a discussion some time ago on TP (here) about tearsheets.. everyone seemed to be of the opinion that it was a no-no and dataco didnt allow it..

Now lots of people are doing it.. I wondered if I had missed soemthing and I could show mine..

Instead everyones just saying how loads do it..and how they should be able to.. well i know loads do it hence why i asked and i agree you/we should be able to..

It was just a question.. not a complaint ....jeeze :)

hahaha no arguments tony, i just go with the flow, until i get a telling offf...

Well I have started a tearsheet section on my website... Only got Fight Pics on at the moment though...

I ahve asked.. But only for my website..I ahve asked if I am allowed to reproduce press cuttings on my website.. no mention of anyhting else.

I also asked for a ruling on youth/u18 photogrpahy.. league and youth cup.. i know reserves are covered by dataco but nobody seems to have a ruling on premiership/championship/league yoof teams

Did you know you CAN display BBL images too, In tearsheet or full image/gallery mode, Trust me I asked and was given the thumbs up, Under no circumstances though can they be a for sale option on said gallery. I didnt ask however for forums, Id take that as "display purposes"

good lad...i will be showing mine from tonight :) but to be honest already decided on that :)

and i only have one published BBL in liverpool echo i think it was..

Would of thought they were in the public domian and worthless for screengrabs etc so why not :shrug:

Did you know you CAN display BBL images too, In tearsheet or full image/gallery mode, Trust me I asked and was given the thumbs up, Under no circumstances though can they be a for sale option on said gallery. I didnt ask however for forums, Id take that as "display purposes"

Happy days :D:D:D

Can see a major shoot off happening tonight now :LOL:

Bet I lose that battle :shake:

Would of thought they were in the public domian and worthless for screengrabs etc so why not :shrug:

Happy days :D:D:D

Can see a major shoot off happening tonight now :LOL:

Bet I lose that battle :shake:

i am experimenting tonight... gonna use a diff lens for each quarter .. see what i get :) might fail misserably..

is a good crowd expected? i am bringing two teenage lads

I went back to my 35mm at weekend, gave a different view ;)

talk is of a sellout, but not seen that at Amaechi for a long while, but it is the semi final :thinking:

Back