teether a canon 5d11 to a computer

What Software will you be using as I believe different software suits will set up differently or you could use something like a eye-fi card to CF adapter then into the camera though I believe this is hit and miss as to which adapters will work :shrug: then you could always buy the wireless grip (y)

EOS Utility (free with the camera) and a USB cable or Lightroom and a USB cable.

tdodd said:
EOS Utility (free with the camera) and a USB cable or Lightroom and a USB cable.

As above, using EOS Utility supplied with your camera and the USB cable

Eye-Fi is not tethering. It's wireless file transfer. With tethering you can control the camera from the computer - adjust settings, focus, take shots etc..

You can also tether (via USB) to an Android phone.....

[YOUTUBE]lnxvFYza6Y4[/YOUTUBE]

Try a WFT grip,wirelss transfer,full wireless control of the camera from a pc,get the images sent over to filezilla on your pc,set filezilla to save image to a folder,then set any software to monitor this folder,i use this system all the time,the Eos can drop off the camera connection at any time,never found it ultra reliable
you can also run a very long ethernet for fast transfers of WIRED images via the grip, only problem is the cost half as much as the body !

Last edited:
Back