Teleconverter compatibility

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone used a Kenko 1.4x teleconverter with a Sigma 70-300 APO DG? Are there any compatibility issues?

Greg,

The only compatibility issue is that you will lose AF on your body. In theory, AF will still be possible at the short end (70-100mm range) but this is already covered by you lens without the T/C......with the exception of the top end bodies, you need f/5.6 ot better to AF and the 1.4x will lose you one stop of light.

Bob

Thanks Bob. That makes sense. I was also concerned about physical fit but the Kenko may not be a problem.

Whoa!

This has just freaked me out completely......

My name is Greg, I was going to post this question a day ago as I have the exact same kit, same problem/question and same name.

Suddenly thought I had written a post in my sleep and not remembered it....:eek:

Anyways, i took apunt on the Kenko TC and will let you know if I have any probs with it. Should be delivered today...

Greg

Hi Greg - this is Greg here! What's the best price you've found for the Kenko TC and who are you buying it from? I look forward to hearing your initial reaction when you first try it out.

Hi Greg, its Greg...again...

Received the TC yesterday and attached it to the camera (Cannon 400d)and my Sigma AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG APO Macro. Havent actually taken any shots but the autofocus worked at both ends of the zoom, although a little slower than normal.

I bought mine from a private seller second hand for £68 inc postage. Its in perfect condition as well. Need to take a couple of test shots this weekend but so far so good.

Check out onestopdigital. You can get a new one for £80(y)
Bout my sigma lenses from them and they very good and best price that i have found

http://www.onestop-digital.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_47&products_id=107

At that price if you find it doesnt do what you want you can sell it second hand and only lose £10 - £15 quid on it.

Greg

Thanks for the info.
Greg.

Back