telescope question

Name
Antony
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a question. I'm not trolling. The Gf just asked and I didn't have an answer.

If fixed focus telescopic lens are so expensive why don't people just buy a kids telescope and a mount so you can fix the camera to the telescope and use that.

What do you mean by fixed focus telescopic lens? A telescope doesn't have a fixed focus nor does a telephoto prime lens, I am confused as to what you mean.
Matt

I have a question. I'm not trolling. The Gf just asked and I didn't have an answer.

If fixed focus telescopic lens are so expensive why don't people just buy a kids telescope and a mount so you can fix the camera to the telescope and use that.

You mean something like this? Not exactly a kids telescope but a 420-800mm telezoom for £140. https://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/p...fGtkXXO1NtGTW_bsYRktPwjMttU_OAocaAsRfEALw_wcB

It's not that easy, and decent quality long lenses are either expensive, or very expensive. It's not just about big magnification, and those lenses - and there are lots on ebay - are hard to use (impractical maximum aperture, manual focus) and give poor results.

Digiscoping is popular among bird watchers, I think mainly for species ID etc, but again photographically they don't win many prizes.

Yeah what I think what she had in mind was digiscoping but neither of us realised thats what it was called.

Back