Critique Telling the Story (footie)

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
Can I pick the minds of you ladies and gents who shoot a lot of footie, on these?

If you were looking to send these off to be in with a chance of someone using them (I'm not btw), which would you choose?

I know technically they aren't perfect but Im trying to get the idea of how you have to think.

My thoughts are;
1 Shows slightly more of the keeper, and theres a bit of "what if".
2 More dynamic than 1. But needs the same crop as 1.
3 Ref's actually showing red card so its obvious whats happened. Crop tighter to get rid no.6.
4 Great expression on the players face….been there lol.

All shot with a Canon 70-200 with sigma x1.4 extender (now gone!!)

Appreciate any help.

Hallam FC 2014 15 12 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Hallam FC 2014 15 13 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Hallam FC 2014 15 118 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Hallam FC 2014 15 119 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

first off.. the angle these are taken from is poor and makes them look like happy snaps... always shoot football from a low angle and never equal or higher than the players..

If you were looking to send these off to be in with a chance of someone using the

depends on who "someone" is? a newspaper? as i say.. poor composition because of height.. a player? yes any would do..

#1 and #2 each tell pretty much the same story.. if for a newspaper the all important caption will do the rest..

the sending off is poor as cut off at ankles... recrop higher up would be better.. you should never crop at limbs... elbows and knees are the worse.. ankles and wrists the next woirse

colour and exposure fine.. timning fine.. story fine.... just the angle of shot lets them down...

Cheers for the reply and advice Kipax.

Unfortunately as i was a paying spectator (one of 58!!) i was limited to the very small stand so not able to get low enough.

Is this crop better (it looks it to me, although too soft)?

Hallam FC 2014 15 118 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Unfortunately as i was a paying spectator (one of 58!!) i was limited to the very small stand so not able to get low enough.

Thats the reason for the problem.. but still a problem and "someone" who you havent explained yet?. wont know or care what your reasons are ..

yes that crop is far better :)

Apologies, I forgot to answer that.
There isn't a someone, Im just talking hypothetically and trying to learn off people who DO know what they're doing, unlike me!

I haven't spoken to the club properly, but having read yours and others previous posts I will before the season starts.

They're only 5 mins from my door and I played non-league for a long time and thought I might try and forge some links with them.

haaa right.. i thought you had something in mind... well if you imagine same pics taken from pitchside then your deffo on the right tracks.... as said all the boxes ticked.. faces, ball etc :)

i can see a fence at other side of ground.. go over there and site behind it.. you cant go pitchside without proper liability cover in case a player crashes into you.. but you could easy do some low shots from the other side... if showing pics to club i really wouldnt show the one sin this thread... get some low ones:)

Cheers mate.

Although even my photos are better than some of the ones they've used in their programme!

I've been sent up to Hallam a few times and always go down the other end where Kipax mentions when the home side are shooting down towards that goal.......opposite side to the stand when they are shooting the other way.

Have a word with the club if you are going to shoot them again next season and see what your options are for not shooting from the stand.......they are a very friendly club :)

Cheers P-E.
I will speak to them. I'm just shopping around for insurance at the mo as well.
Thanks for the advice.

I use Glover & Howe, great to deal with. I have never made a claim but they have never charged me if I have to change my gear covered etc. and are always very friendly.

Cheers Rikki, they had a very good write up in one of the magazines recently too.
They'll probably be getting my money.

I met one of them recently face to face at the NEC photography show, a few weeks later he emailed me asking me how I found the show etc. no other sale reason behind the email just seemed a nice customer service touch.

Thats good to hear, makes a change from car insurers.....:confused:

Back