Tempted by Tamron 24-70 2.8

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Given the weekend deals available, I can pick up a Tamron 24-70 2.8 for my Nikon D610, for £629 from WEX. This is only £30 more expensive than Digitalrev and would include the Tamron 5 year warranty.

Having read about the lens, there does seem to be a potential issue, regarding quality control, i.e. some users reporting focusing issues, etc.

I'm confident that WEX would be very good regarding any issue but before purchasing I would appreciate any advice regarding checking the lens. Are there "standard" tests, I could carry out when the lens is recieved, to quickly highlight any issues?

Thanks.

Same here, I have a good one that I brought from the for sale section on here. I love the lens and on the camera most of the time.

Tamron 24-70 now attached to my D610 :D Hopefully get a bit of time, at the weekend, to have a play with it.

I'm looking into this lens myself for my Canon, would be really interested to hear how you get on with it!

The only problem I found was...It's Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeavy. :exit:

I returned It for that reason.

Something else that struck me as a little odd was that the electrics were visible through a gap around the mounting flange....Funny that I thought, no sealing. :meh: :indifferent:

Back