Review Tenba messenger bag review (Camera+Laptop)

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Folks,

I just got this bag as my Crumpler Muffin top 7500 is good but a little too small for my latest adventure. I am off to SA for a wedding and wanted to take all my gear, and a small netbook to store the hopefully many pictures I take while there.

I ordered this in Chocolate as I didn't want it too look too much like a laptop or camera bag, but it does come in 7 different colours (Black, Chocolate, Green, Orange, Blue, Platinum, Plum)

As you can see its a nicely made bag with a nice thick padded shoulder strap that feels pretty secure on your shoulder. The back of the bag is nicely padded, and the bottom of the bag is nicely waterproofed.

There are loads of zipped pockets inside the bag for you to secure your items safely. The main bag section has a space for your laptop at the back, then the large space for the drop in camera storage section which has the usual velcro secured dividers. The zips and attachments feel nice and solid and well made and feel like they should last a while. The material is not as stiff as the Crumpler bag, but does feel substantial and rugged.

(all pics are clickable)

Nicely Padded backing hiding a nice zipped pocket for papers or magazines

The bag opens as normal for a messenger bag

But can also be zipped open along the top to just get your camera out without exposing the rest of your stuff

The well padded camera section can be taken completely out of the bag if you just want a messenger bag for the day

As you can see, even with my decent sized 70-300 in it has loads of room.
I am sure a decent (F4/F2.8) 70-200 should be ok in this bag when off the camera.

I am still very new so just building my kit, but the bag swallows this lot easily, as well as eating a decent sized laptop as well

The bag could easily take more and certainly could take a gripped or bigger body with no problem at all.

So:-

Pros:-
  • Good strap
  • good space
  • looks nice
  • well made

Cons
  • No full waterproof cover
  • still looks camera/laptop bag like
Cheers

MIP

Last edited: