Terrorist Attack in Munich?

I agree that can't help matters but isn't this kid german born? The majority of attacks in the west seem to be perpetrated by born nationals.

Place of birth or nationality don't matter if the acts are being done in the name of the cause.

I know but they're not Isis attacks they're European born doing this off there own back. How can we ever stop it?

I know but they're not Isis attacks they're European born doing this off there own back. How can we ever stop it?

European birth doesn't preclude acting in concert with the aims and ambitions of Isis, Daesh or whatever we choose to call it, whether they are directly involved or not.

Not to mention that there's nothing stopping a faction claiming responsibility/credit for any attack.

It would seem as though this latest attack had very little to do with religion or affiliation to any terror group, but was simply someone with a grudge against society who had a gun and wanted to kill people.

It would seem as though this latest attack had very little to do with religion or affiliation to any terror group, but was simply someone with a grudge against society who had a gun and wanted to kill people.

That was what was said about the scumbag in Nice. Now the opposite has been revealed. German police have stated that after an extensive overnight investigation there has been no connection found with any terror group.

"Extensive" & "overnight investigation" are terms that don't quite sit comfortably together.

Back in January The Telegraph carried an article reporting on German press accusations against the German police covering up serious crimes committed by immigrants.
We'll see what unfolds in the days ahead.

The German police, have to play down any ethnical 'differences' of such attackers, otherwise the neo Nazi groups will be tempted to target such groups. That doesn't include covering anthing up. But it does make sense not to jump to conclusions and make a press statement. They need to de-escalate the situation. Otherwise it there will be a ping pong escalation of social unrest.

So according to the news reported, the German police classified this formally as simple a savage mass shooting. It was not terrorism ;)

Happens often enough all too often in America.

Place of birth or nationality don't matter if the acts are being done in the name of the cause.

Absolutely.
There is no way to stop such attacks when the perpetrator is willing, even eager, to die for their cause.

Everyone here has a story to tell the day after. One friend was turfed off the underground when they closed it all down, but noticed the announcement was made by the driver in a strong local Bavarian accent. And a lot of tourists didn't know what was going on. So she asked and took his microphone and made another announcement herself in English.

Last edited:
They interviewed the former head of interpol I think it was this morning he was saying a similar thing we have to understand the reasons why and change the way we interact with the Muslim world
After a woman and her daughters were stabbed by a Muslim last week, because the Husband / father innocently scratched his upper thigh/groin and the muslims wife happened to see and he thought the woman and daughters were "scantily dressed", I think it is some Muslims that need to change the way they interact with the rest of the world.

Reactions: BBR
Absolutely.
There is no way to stop such attacks when the perpetrator is willing, even eager, to die for their cause.
From what I have read he had no cause other than shooting people because he had been bullied.

We could do well to start to change our interactions by referring to wahhabism rather than islam when appropriate, to fail to distinguish the two is similar to regarding ultraconservative christian teachings of the westboro baptist church as representative of christianity as a whole.

The wahhabists are a minority within islam, but they have the oil/money.

We could do well to start to change our interactions by referring to wahhabism rather than islam when appropriate, to fail to distinguish the two is similar to regarding ultraconservative christian teachings of the westboro baptist church as representative of christianity as a whole.

The wahhabists are a minority within islam, but they have the oil/money.

You can refer to them by what you like. It will not change anything. One of the problems of Islam is that is not an organised religion with a "ruling" body like the Cof E, Cof Scot., RC's Vatican etc. These bodies have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. Whereas in Islam there are countless versions of what parts of the Koran mean. To compound that maze the situation seems to be fluid with interpretations changing constantly.

A quote just in. "I was in my car and these BMWs with blues lights appeared from nowhere and raced through the red lights without sirens. It was manic out there!"

Last edited:
One of the problems of Islam is that is not an organised religion with a "ruling" body like the Cof E, Cof Scot., RC's Vatican etc.
Neither is christianity, as demonstrated by your long list of ruling bodies all with their different hymn sheets...

The German police, have to play down any ethnical 'differences' of such attackers, otherwise the neo Nazi groups will be tempted to target such groups. That doesn't include covering anthing up. But it does make sense not to jump to conclusions and make a press statement.

It's not just Germany that play down such things for fear of upsetting certain groups. ;)

I absolutely agree that jumping to conclusions isn't helpful to anyone though & can actually be counter productive.

That was what was said about the scumbag in Nice. Now the opposite has been revealed. German police have stated that after an extensive overnight investigation there has been no connection found with any terror group.

"Extensive" & "overnight investigation" are terms that don't quite sit comfortably together.

Back in January The Telegraph carried an article reporting on German press accusations against the German police covering up serious crimes committed by immigrants.
We'll see what unfolds in the days ahead.

The German police did indeed cover up attacks about those events, and so did our media.
However, this case is quite different, particularly to someone like myself who has studied this for the past 20 years.
This guy was born in Germany (according to most press reports), and although from an Iranian family, he considered himself German.
He had been attacked twice by far right groups (obviously because he looked different).
This was a revenge attack, nothing more, nothing less, and no way connected to ISIL or any other form of radical Islam.
It is quite possible that the policies of Merkel, Hollande and others are having very unconsidered efects - that the far right targetting of anyone who looks like a Muslim/migrant/refugee, could lead to revenge attacks.
Following the Nice atrocity and the following air strikes on Syria by the French air force, it was revealed that 200 civilians had been kille/murdered.

How would you feel if if you were a relation of the Syrians who had been killed by French air strikes?

The date of this attack is also very significant, given the reported obsessions of the attacker - and lends a lot of weight to the interpretation the authorities are putting publicly to events.

From what I have read he had no cause other than shooting people because he had been bullied.

Yes, and by shooting himself he proved he was willing to die for his own personal "cause".

You can refer to them by what you like. It will not change anything. One of the problems of Islam is that is not an organised religion with a "ruling" body like the Cof E, Cof Scot., RC's Vatican etc. These bodies have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. Whereas in Islam there are countless versions of what parts of the Koran mean. To compound that maze the situation seems to be fluid with interpretations changing constantly.

You really do not know much about Christianity do you?
What is the ruling body of the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Baptists, Wesleyans etc?
The ones committing all the crimes in the name of Islam are from a sect called Wahhabism or Salafist Wahhabism.

You really do not know much about Christianity do you?
What is the ruling body of the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Baptists, Wesleyans etc?
The ones committing all the crimes in the name of Islam are from a sect called Wahhabism or Salafist Wahhabism.

Why would I want to know much about any religion. I see them, by and large, as nonsense. If folk want to have a religious belief then provided they can do so in a harmless way then that is fine. Trouble is that many do want to do harm and they seem to have a lot of sympathisers in various parts of the world.
I cannot say that the Christian groups you mention above have ever given me cause for concern.

It's been another two attacks in Germany since this one. One blow himself up last night after being refused entry into a festival.

It's been another two attacks in Germany since this one. One blow himself up last night after being refused entry into a festival.
So sad, he was an Asylum seeker who was denied Asylum yet provided temporary leave to remain considering the current situation in Syria. And with known mental issues.

I might be wrong but I assumed he was intending to detonate the rucksack inside the festival but was refused entry so did it on the street instead? I doubt many people would run home and built an explosive rucksack just because they were blocked from a festival.

Some accounts online are suggesting it was in direct relation to being blocked entry which sounds pretty ridiculous.

Why would I want to know much about any religion. I see them, by and large, as nonsense. If folk want to have a religious belief then provided they can do so in a harmless way then that is fine. Trouble is that many do want to do harm and they seem to have a lot of sympathisers in various parts of the world.
I cannot say that the Christian groups you mention above have ever given me cause for concern.

Well, I totally agree with the "bolded" bit.
I also think that the percentage of Muslims who want to cause harm is very small, perhaps around single figure percentages, which still however works out as a large number of people.
The other important point, is that far more Muslims are killed by these fanatical jihadists than Western people.
The last point, is that our government (and the US and other Western governments) are very friendly with the country where this fanatical jihadist ideal originated.

....................................... The last point, is that our government (and the US and other Western governments) are very friendly with the country where this fanatical jihadist ideal originated.

Yes, been alluded to before. Probably not friendly out of choice, but think trade and in the case of the UK also think of our dependence on heavy grade crude oil (vital for the production of all plastics, rubber, road tarmac and some other important things). Other countries with heavy oil keep it all for themselves or will not sell it to us or don't have a long lasting supply. Saudi has massive reserves and as long as we need it and they sell it to us and we can keep their headbangers under adequate control they are allies. That dictates policy and if it means that some folk suffer that is the price that has to be paid (by those that suffer).

It happened a week ago now, to the minute. And I'm on my way again to meet friends just like I was last week. When I noticed a crazy amount of police activity, as I was cycling, actually towards the shooting. I met my friends 2 miles from where it was going on, quite oblivious at the time. But it's left me irrationally wondering what's in store for us this week.

Last edited:
Back