Tesco clubcard and the Open University

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Wasn't sure where best to put this so I plumped for here...

I've seen elsewhere a number of posts on this subject but no clear answer. If you are a new student and planning to study a course with the OU you can pay all or part of your course fees with clubcard vouchers. You swap your vouchers for clubcard deals vouchers here and use those to help pay course fees, each £2.50 worth of ordinary vouchers being worth £10 in deals vouchers.

Tesco vouchers worth £10 = Deals vouchers worth £40.

Deals vouchers are not restricted to the OU, you can use them in many other ways too.

We're planning to use this scheme shortly for my wife's next course with them. Having just read the info in the link provided it would seem this offer is only open to people who not previously registered with the OU? :thinking:

They are the quarterly ones, the ones that have monetry value.

Basically, you go to your on line account and add whichever deals you want to your basket, then checkout, it will ask you to input the serial numbers off each voucher, one at a time, until you have entered enough. They then send you the relevant voucher for the deal. You may have to register a new account if you don't already use online shopping.

We have used them for Cafe Rouge vouchers [£2.50 of cc vouchers, gets you £10 of restaurant vouchers] and are about to use a load to buy RAC membership, Roadside and recovery joint, which is normally £126 for about £38 of clubcard vouchers.

It is sad state of affairs I admit, but we are totally beholden to tescos, not only shopping with them, but we have one of their credit cards, and we use Powergen for gas and leccy, whihc also gets us shedloads of extra points too...oh yes, also have a tescos home phone, so more points. We have not traded any for a year now, and have about £125, so £500 of deals, plus whatever the current balance is we havent received.... I predict a stay in nice hotel for my birthday in February :D

One positive I will say, if you recycle with tescos, bottles, glass jars and cans, you get even more points as they have special machines in the car parks which swipe your clubcard and add up how much recycling you have dumped, and gives you points....now frankly, I think rewarding people for recycling is FAR more likely to get people to do it willingly than threatening them with fines the way so many local councils are now doing.

Chris L - Yep, only for newly registered people.

"Please note:

Deals Tokens are only valid for NEW registrations and must be redeemed at the time of registration".

I have none left as I convert all mine to Air Miles - would have looked into this otherwise !!!

Anth.

I have to say I get most of my points from PowerGen, I try not to shop at Tesco if I can help it.

Chris L - Yep, only for newly registered people.

"Please note:

Deals Tokens are only valid for NEW registrations and must be redeemed at the time of registration".

I have none left as I convert all mine to Air Miles - would have looked into this otherwise !!!

Anth.

Just as an update. My wife telephoned the OU today and asked them to confirm who exactly could use the points. Apparently they've had quite a few people calling them because they're wondering if the T&C have changed.

The "New" part only refers to courses. It doesn't matter if you've already registered with the OU and are studying or have studied with them, you can still use the deal tokens but only for a course you haven't yet registered for.

Apologies if everyone else already understood that :p

Back