Tesco Clubcard Vouchers at Jessops

I can confirm what happens with Tescos, because I have tried it. It clearly says that once you have the Jessops tokens, you can't use someone elses tokens in the same purchase, but I haven't tried it. The tokens have your surname on them, but I don't know if the shop checks, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

You say the loopholes have been removed, so I only ask out of interest - how did they/you build up so many points for not a lot of outlay?

I got around that in Goldsmiths by registering at the same address as my mother, Goldsmiths at least take both hers and mine in one transaction, different names.

You say the loopholes have been removed, so I only ask out of interest - how did they/you build up so many points for not a lot of outlay?

credit card, you get points then where ever you spend and effectively double points if you buy in Tescos, I know people who get all their company petrol in Tescos.

with limits on the points you can collect each month .

can you tell me more about this, I for example get all my major purchases from Tescos when they have double points deals, so I bought my Sony Bravia from Tescos on double points, and also on a tescos credit card, which meant 1500 points, plus I had 6 months interest free credit.

Is that now banned then??

can you tell me more about this, I for example get all my major purchases from Tescos when they have double points deals, so I bought my Sony Bravia from Tescos on double points, and also on a tescos credit card, which meant 1500 points, plus I had 6 months interest free credit.

Is that now banned then??

No I think its something like £300 a Quarter per account now from what I remember reading, but I have not had anything to do with deals for a couple of years since the whole extra points thing so I may be wrong/

EDIT - Just found this on the tesco T&Cs Page

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/terms.asp#updated_points

23.Members can earn a maximum of 30,000 points in any one collection period.

So thats £300 in Cash Value per Quarter, after that they will delete any extra points you earn.

Last edited:
haven't logged in for a while (as i'm now virtually pointless!) but http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/ was/is the font of knowledge for all things tesco

motorpoint definately killed it I think.. there was some great glitches over the years, fun while it lasted.. ho hum!

Just collected a new Manfrotto head with the Tesco/ Jessops deal and they did check the name on all the vouchers. They also had to manually enter the code on each voucher twice and as I had 8x10 vouchers it took a while so be prepared to wait.

Happy with the deal though.:)

Just collected a new Manfrotto head with the Tesco/ Jessops deal and they did check the name on all the vouchers. They also had to manually enter the code on each voucher twice
I've got my first voucher, and it's just the surname on it that sets it apart. Do you think they get your details up when they enter the voucher into the computer, or could you use vouchers from your family (same surname, different address)?

I've got my first voucher, and it's just the surname on it that sets it apart. Do you think they get your details up when they enter the voucher into the computer, or could you use vouchers from your family (same surname, different address)?

I have my clubcard and credit card registered at my mothers, and in GOldsmiths at least, they allow me to use mine and my mothers vouchers, same surname different address, if you have kind family members who will collect points for you, then you can get those key fob things and they can use them, and also if you ring tescos when you are together, you can merge accounts as well.

I have just looked on their website at a Tamron I have as I was looking for specs, it has gone up in price from 99 - 119 - 169 in the space of 2 months.

I have just looked on their website at a Tamron I have as I was looking for specs, it has gone up in price from 99 - 119 - 169 in the space of 2 months.

If you check on camera price buster they are no longer in the top 3 for most things and make jacobs look cheap for the L lenses as I was thinking about using them towards a 70-300L but it has jumped from £1136 to well over £1200 last time I checked :shrug:

Finally managed to buy the Nikon 24-120 f4. £870 Jessops vs £844 cheapest.
Paid with Jessops vouchers and tokens via tesco. Cost me under £600.

Pity this deal was not around when Tesco were doing 4x Deals value,

Motorpoint got burned very badly a couple of years ago when they offered 4X Value on Clubcard points for New/Nearly New Cars through Motorpoint,

Motorpoint were convinced that they would get people going in with vouchers worth £500 or so off a £10k car, but found out very quickly that there were a dedicated breed of voucher collecters that used/abused the system to build up points for little outlay, and as there was no limit on the amount of points you could redeem at that time Motorpoint soon found £10k+ Cars going out of the door all on vouchers,

Under the redemption deal they had with Tesco, Motorpoint only got back 2X voucher value, so a £5k loss on a £10k car ,was a hard pill to swallow for them.

Not sure how many people had free/nearly free cars out of them in the year it took them to get out of the scheme (We had 2 free cars, a 6 Month old Ford Fiesta Diesel, and a 9 month old Renault Megane Estate), I know of others who had 4 cars from them.

Since it has gone down to 3X and 2X value with limits on the points you can collect each month these olds loopholes seem to have been shut, but will be interesting to see how this deal with Jessops progesses, just a pity its not at 3X..

hahah never knew about that! Bet Motorpoint loved you (y)

Wow I have £31.50 so far... I wonder how many more we will recieve before Oct :thinking:

Thanks to Rich and others for this thread - have just ordered the vouchers to get myself a shiny new 055cxpro3 at half price :D :clap: :D

Now...anyone got anything useful to spend Nectar points on other than in-store at Sainsburys or Homebase? :thinking:

Has anyone managed to get Jessops to price match an online store, then use the vouchers? I rang up a couple of my local stores, but neither of them said they price matched anything other than local highstreet stores (currys, dixons etc)

Has anyone managed to get Jessops to price match an online store, then use the vouchers?
That should be two separate issues. You don't tell them you're using vouchers until you pay, and you pay what you've already agreed. They price matched their own web deal for me (only 3% less).

That should be two separate issues. You don't tell them you're using vouchers until you pay, and you pay what you've already agreed. They price matched their own web deal for me (only 3% less).

Yea, it wasn't so much the ability to do them together, but usually if you get them to reduce the price, you would need to buy it there, and then, but unless you already have the vouchers, you wouldn't be able to do that.

just waiting for £510 to arrive then I can pick up my bargin 5DmkII plus quidco cash back!

Just picked up an interfit 150 kit. £125 in tesco vouchers and a wee bit back from quidco.

Happy days :D

Happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me... £75 in Jessops gift cards, £100+ of Tesco vouchers (= £200+ in Rewards vouchers) and 3% cashback at Quidco.......... bang tidy!!

Makes turning 40 that little bit more palatable :LOL::LOL:

don't forget to order online via quidco for 3% rebate but make sure they use the tracked order number otherwise it will be refused

I'm assuming these vouchers can be used in part payment? How long are they taking roughly to arrive as well cos I want to buy a new lens! :)

I'm assuming these vouchers can be used in part payment? How long are they taking roughly to arrive as well cos I want to buy a new lens! :)
Yes they can, mix and match. Took a few days for mine, I think the site tells you how long it'll take.

I'm assuming these vouchers can be used in part payment? How long are they taking roughly to arrive as well cos I want to buy a new lens! :)[/QUOTE

Just ordersed some and you need to order by the middle of October and use at Jessops by the end of month,m Tesco site says 5 days for delivery.

Has anyone succesfully bought anything discounted from Jessops using vouchers? Only asking as there's a flash on there with £20 off, but the Tesco T&C's state that vouchers can only be used for full price items.

Looks like they have extended the deal until 31st March 2012

Was just going to post that, I ordered mine on the 2nd and it said they had to be used by the 31st. The missus has just gone online to order some vouchers as she wants a new camera and they've extended the offer. It must be popular then :)

Just got a Black Rapid RS-7 for £25 in Vouchers.

Wasn't happy to pay £50 for a strap no matter how good it is, but a raid of the Missus voucher box and I got one, sort of for free!!

Happy with that!!!!!!!

Just a quick heads up.

Quidco cashback for Canon is currently 8% but only until 31st Oct.

If you pay in total with Tesco vouchers you get the item for 42% if it tracks.(y)

Back