Test number two

If you enclose the pathway between these [img][/img] then it will show the image rather then just a url link. Like this, click quote and you will be able to see how its done.

1023486187_8888c3d895.jpg

Use img tags not url ones and lose the ?v=0 off the end ;)

1023486187_8888c3d895.jpg

which is -

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/1023486187_8888c3d895.jpg[/IMG]

edit: I type too slow :LOL:

Always wondered how you do it! Just couldnt be bothered to ask :LOL:

Now I have a question, sorry to hijack your thread but it think it may be relevant :D

Can you resize all your pics on flickr at once? They are all 800x600 at the mo but want to make the largest size a little smaller. Would that mean uploading them all again?

Now I have a question, sorry to hijack your thread but it think it may be relevant :D

Can you resize all your pics on flickr at once? They are all 800x600 at the mo but want to make the largest size a little smaller. Would that mean uploading them all again?

Sorry, I don't think there is a way to do this without uploading resized pictures. If you have a full Flickr account it will allow you to replace existing photos but if you only have the free account I think you would have to delete and then upload. Loosing all comments, etc along the way.

You can change your account settings so that people cannot view or download large size photos.

I have a pro account. I only want to resize them becase when posting in message boards i'd like a smaller size than 800x600. How do you replace them?

I have a pro account. I only want to resize them becase when posting in message boards i'd like a smaller size than 800x600. How do you replace them?

Can you not use the Flickr link for a medium sized pic rather the then large (800x600). When you click on one of your photos in your account you'll have an option above it for 'All sizes', click here and you can choose the size (large, medium, small, thumbnail) and it gives you the pixel size in brackets.

Choose the size you want and then copy the link at the bottom of the page, and paste it into which ever forum you're in using the [img][/img] surrounds.

Does this make sense? Sorry if I'm trying to teach you suck eggs :)

I How do you replace them?

When you go into one of your pictures, right at the bottom on the right-hand side is a clickable link that says 'Replace' or similar. When you click it is will bring up a browser for you to locate the picture you want to put in its place.

Thanks for looking and the help, its much appreciated.
By the way its a photograph of Lindisfarne castle and harbour. it was my first attempt at landscape as i usually photograph birds and wildlife in general.

regards cuddy.

Back