Test shot.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying out my new flash gun, Nikon SB24 on Kodak DCS620(F5). This was taken on TTL and seems fine as I didn't know if it would work as not strictly designed for digital.

SB24TEST-004.jpg

SB24TEST2-051.jpg

Nice! Not over-flashed at all. :)

Looks like it has worked a treat to me!
It probably still "thinks" like an F5, even though it is digital.

Nice! Not over-flashed at all. :)

Thanks for your comment. Yes I am very pleased with it up to now considering what I paid for it and what the new SB800 costs. All function seem to work OK and even as this one, direct flash without any diffusion appears quite acceptable. Thanks again for looking.. (y)

I used to cover weddings using a Nikon F4 and F90 with SB24 and SB26 flashguns. I rarely took them off TTL, and they never let me down even in difficult conditions. :)

F5.. very nice. You don't fancy the F6 then? :D

I used to cover weddings using a Nikon F4 and F90 with SB24 and SB26 flashguns. I rarely took them off TTL, and they never let me down even in difficult conditions. :)

F5.. very nice. You don't fancy the F6 then? :D

The Kodak 620 was based on the Nikon F5 and is still a great camera. Unfortunately Kodak stopped using F5's after the DCS 760, would have loved it had they gone on to base their newer cameras on the F6 but not to be. The 620 considering that it is only 2MP, very low by current standards, gives great pictures and I will continue to use it until it dies. Bought the SB24 on ebay and it works fine, promised my friend that I would shoot a few pics for his upcoming wedding but didn't have a decent flash gun, I thingk this will definately do the job. Ian (y)

Aye, didn't they start basing them on the F80 after that? Weirdness!

I loved the F4. At the time it was just the right blend of the old and new for me, still having apertures on the lens and a 'proper' shutter dial. Now of course we've all got used to the push buttons and command dials. :shrug:

I paid just under £2K body only for the F4, and when I look at the price of an F6 with all that technology, it looks to be an absolute bargain in comparison. :eek:

I loved the F4. At the time it was just the right blend of the old and new for me, still having apertures on the lens and a 'proper' shutter dial. Now of course we've all got used to the push buttons and command dials. :shrug:

I paid just under £2K body only for the F4, and when I look at the price of an F6 with all that technology, it looks to be an absolute bargain in comparison. :eek:

I love Nikon gear but do we realy need all that technology or is much of it just a gimmic, there because we can. I use both Canon and Nikon gear because each have merit in certain areas. Ian :clap:

HUBBA HUBBA on shot 1 Ian..:love:

Sod the flash light..:LOL:

Back