Test shots with my 85mm 1.8

Edit My Images
No
First shots with my 85, i've had this awesome lens for so long but just haven't used it as i'm so addicted to my 28mm, so I was in my room earlier and just took pictures of random stuff I have.

I pp'd a little just slight curves and sharpening and eye pop in the fellas eyes.

CandleEars.jpg

Candles.jpg

Clownin.jpg

MyEcko.jpg

BadShot.jpg

You should use it more often .
Nice relaxed portrait.

Yeah definitely should, maybe for some candid photography, I haven't really taken it anywhere it's no use in the house lol.

These are pin sharp, and creatively composed, I agree with wambam, you need to get out with it more, great for outdoor portraits/people shots.

A friend of mine has an 85mm f/1.2 and I'm in awe of the shots it produces. So much so that I've wondered whether I'd be satisfied with a f/1.8. These shots have made me think again. They're great.

Only thing I'd say about the portrait is that he looks a little bit surprised - maybe the eyes have been over sharpened. <shrug>

These are pin sharp, and creatively composed, I agree with wambam, you need to get out with it more, great for outdoor portraits/people shots.
Wow cheers, I must admit they were sharp straight OOC but I slightly sharpened some areas.

I think i'll be taking a trip to the local park tomorrow.

A friend of mine has an 85mm f/1.2 and I'm in awe of the shots it produces. So much so that I've wondered whether I'd be satisfied with a f/1.8. These shots have made me think again. They're great.

Only thing I'd say about the portrait is that he looks a little bit surprised - maybe the eyes have been over sharpened. <shrug>

Hiii seriously this is a great lens also i've seen some spectacular shots from other people taken with this, there's no doubt the 85l is a better lens but I think when you have the 1.8 the other one's just a rip off, I was thinking of going for the 85L but i've now changed my mind.

I didn't sharpen the eyes :nuts: I only dodged and burned the iris.

I'm loving the shoes the most, just so punchy with good pp. The rest are a good set too. I notice from your equipment list you have an Canon 28mm f1.8 and a Sigma 30mm f1.4, what's the difference in having either??? I'm intrigued as my missus would have me believe a few millimetres makes no difference :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm loving the shoes the most, just so punchy with good pp. The rest are a good set too. I notice from your equipment list you have an Canon 28mm f1.8 and a Sigma 30mm f1.4, what's the difference in having either??? I'm intrigued as my missus would have me believe a few millimetres makes no difference :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Haha cheers, i'm crazy about my trainers <3 gotta love em.

The sigma 30 is a great portrait lens, it's better for portraits than the 28mm IMHO, the vibrance, clarity and the SIGMA balances all areas of a scene really well, creates nice smooth transitions. And then the 28 blows the highlights beyond repair.

Back