Testing for light leaks.

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got another 120 back from Ffordes but it doesn't seem to have foam in the same places as my other 120 back. I was going to use it this weekend for a meet but don't want to waste other peoples time if the film is going to get ruined by light leaks. Is there a way of testing a back for light leaks or are there certain types of shots where light leaks are more prevelant such as long exposures? Or do I just load a film and runa torch around the edges and gaps of the backs.

Cheers Matt the link should prove helpful.

the grading was obvious signs of use but it's actually pretty tidy for £30. Some fo the pricing on ffordes is bizarre with tatty looking stuff more expesive than better looking stuff. It's an SQ-i back, same as my other 120 back but the lip at the top of the opening is different on the new one to my first one. It is however the same as my old SQ-A 220 back and the seals are in the same place, it's definately an SQ-i back though as the dial is one the back rather than the top.

Think I'm just going to have to try and run a roll through it tomorow or friday and develop it quick.

If I need it, does anyone here have some leftover bits from a seal kit that I can buy?

The reason I was asking about the grading was cos I'm thinking of replacing my 120J that never actaully worked, and there are quite a few on there but little bit unsure which to go for :LOL:

No harm in just buying seeing and then if doesn't work send it back. You can send stuff if your not happy with it yea?

Best double check, I didn't ask with the back but with the lens I got a 7 or 14 day trial period and a 6 month warranty.

How much would you want for the 120J?

Yeah, I was joking about the hammer and screwdriver before. I'm pretty good at taking things apart and seeing how they work and would rather do it to one that is bust than one of mine which is working so if you want to sel it for scrap I might be interested.

Back