Critique Testing my new Haida 10 stop. Some pics of Plymouth Sound

Decent start there with it(y) They are great value for money them;)

The first does show you something though, you really need decent cloud formations to make the sky's in these shots interesting :)...on the first you really need to throw some lens correction at it :) but other than that I'd say you've made an excellent start :clap:

Yeah I was gutted with the clouds (or lack of) this morning. There was literally nothing in the sky at all! This evening was very nice though but I had to leave earlier than I would have liked because the girlfriend was complaining of being cold.

Cheers for the feedback.

Looks like a good filter, I have been using the Hitech but have read good things about the Haida.

The first 2 are great, looks like somewhere abroad too, not Plymouth!
I'm not a fan of composites, but had you had those clouds 3 would have been lovely!

Thanks for the positive comments. I was gutted yesterday because there was an AWESOME sunset but I was at a wedding and couldn't find a good enough reason to convince the girlfriend that I had to leave...

Truth be told though, the first two are also composites. The dynamic range was too large to capture all the detail for both of those photographs so I shot one for the highlights and another for the shadows and merged them.

The third image was more of an exercise in photoshop for me rather than anything serious. I just used the first cloud image that I could find to practice with.

Cheers.

Sorry, by composite I meant putting things in that wern't actually there, like the cloudy sky.
The blending of two exposures is different for me, as the scene was there, as it looks in the photo, the camera just couldn't capture it.

Really like the 2nd one. I've sailed in and out of that breakwater more times than I can remember.. :)

Back