Testing new stacking software

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Just tried the simplest of tests - just a 2 image stack (I'm not adventurous) to simply test the run routine of SnapFuse - I need to get the macro rail out and have a proper go - but that will have to wait until later this month when I get a few days off work!

Anyway - here are 2 images merged using this new software, and my new flash diffusion on the Venus 60mm lens.

1200snapfusetest2.jpg

Paul.

Looks good Paul.
I used photoshop for stacking when photographing Jewellery pieces a while back, that also works quite well.

Looks good Paul.
I used photoshop for stacking when photographing Jewellery pieces a while back, that also works quite well.

I've used PS and (usually when I stack, which rare) CombineZP, both of which do great jobs.

This is new software being developed by an online associate - using different routines to others' software. I need to try it with 10 or 15 images, but that will have to wait.

Paul.

As you are testing stacking software, Paul, maybe you would
like to test HeliconFocus and HeliconRemote that I've been
using successfully since some years now.

Nice test, I've just started using affinity photo for a few test stacks, not had the time to really get into it though.
I like your subject, and the macro rail, I saw one for sale on here a couple of weeks ago, ideal I think for this, just focus and slide rather than trying to focus near, middle and far.

Nice test, I've just started using affinity photo for a few test stacks, not had the time to really get into it though.
I like your subject, and the macro rail, I saw one for sale on here a couple of weeks ago, ideal I think for this, just focus and slide rather than trying to focus near, middle and far.

I always suggest this rail as I have it and it is nice and smooth in it's adjustment

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/velbon-stage/

Thanks guys (if and) when it goes goes on public sale, I'll let you know.

Paul.

It is on sale now, here.

Have you tried a much bigger stack yet?

Peter is testing out a new rail at the moment so it will be worth waiting, for anyone who wants to get a new rail as well.

Looks to be a very good start at stacking Paul, and a nice shot to boot.(y)

George.

I used mostly CombineZP, but then again, stacking isn't usually my way of processing. TBH, all 3 are fine in my eyes.

Paul.

I'm still getting to grips with stacking, TBH but have had a couple of decent results. I mainly want it for use with the microscope lenses which I haven't done a lot of lately.

Back