Testing out my new Nikon L35AF

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Been having a lot of fun with this little belter of a camera :)

This first one was a test of the low light performance of the lens. Taken inside the Walker Art Gallery, the flash popped up but I followed a Youtube tip and held it down to take the shot. It's the Cardinal Sin sculpture by Banksy:

sin
by rednorters, on Flickr

Sweeting Street. A hidden gem in Liverpool:

sweet
by rednorters, on Flickr

St George's Hall exterior:

corner
by rednorters, on Flickr

All taken on Poundland's recently acquired Agfa 200. Straight scans from negs at 3200 on a v500.

As always, comments welcomed.
Thanks for looking (y)

Very nice work Nick, seems to be producing excellent results.

Andy

Thanks for taking the time to comment Andy :) I'm on love with this little camera.

L35AF is an awesome camera! I wish mine was still working :( Anyway, nice pics you got there. I always found it to be pretty good in low light and the sharpness is SHARP.

I like your second photo, the first one is good too but could have done with being taken a teeny buit further away as the crop on the top and especially the bottom is tight. Third one does little for me.

mustanir said:
L35AF is an awesome camera! I wish mine was still working :( Anyway, nice pics you got there. I always found it to be pretty good in low light and the sharpness is SHARP.

I like your second photo, the first one is good too but could have done with being taken a teeny buit further away as the crop on the top and especially the bottom is tight. Third one does little for me.

Thanks for commenting :) Fair point on the first one re: clipping his bonce. Couldn't be helped there were expensive things on plinths behind me!

I am really happy with the sharpness of the lens. I read a lot about the camera before ordering it and thought it couldn't live up to the hype but it does :)

I had one of these when they first came out. My first Nikon. It is a groundbreaking first camera, Nikon's first compact aimed at the 'domestic' market, and Nikon lens affordable to anyone. The autofocus is a tad slow but dead-on. I recently acquired one of these and funnily enough took it round Liverpool just before xmas 2012.

Great photos, I have to see the Banksy, it made me laugh.

Very nice work, looks like the little Nikon is a winner, very sharp and nicely exposed!

I never noticed that this had more responses! Silly me! Thanks :) I should really start subscribing to my own threads!

Back