Testing out some new gizmo's with Lily (again!)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Picked up some new stuff so wanted to give them a go. Got a busy weekend planned with 2 boxing gigs to cover, but managed to squeeze a quick shoot in this morning in the dining room. (As you do)

So, Lastolite Urban Collapsible background, new Lastolite Ezybox Hotshoe softbox and decided to get a grid to have a go with. Wow!!! Grids are awesome!!! :D

All shot in manual mode with TTL flash. All processed in Lr 5.7.

Such Fun...
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Big Smiles!

In the spotlight

Lily

#5 - Getting bored by this point. :D

Nearly done now

Enjoy :)
David.

Last edited:
How long did it take you to fold it? Or have you found somewhere to store it... unfolded. ;)

I love the first one, David. I think it shows that you don't always need eye contact. Number 3 is, as has been pointed out, a great pose that can be interpreted many ways. I like the 'UFC fighter' comment you made. It really is great. All in all, top job IMO!

Meant to ask you David, does it fit your goddox adapter?

Thanks Amanda. :) The background is awesome. You would need a few though as I guess using it too much would soon get boring. It's a very solid frame though so draping a paterned/printed piece of material over it would be the cheap option. :D

Yes PB, like a glove. :D The Lastolite one is still in the bag.

Lovely shots, David. The shadows are maybe a little deep for my tastes, but for deep shadows, you are exposing them really well.

The Lastolite modifiers are really good. I have a softbox which I have used with their adapter and it works a treat.

#2 for me, i saw it and instantly smiled myself. #3 is serious, WWE or UFC serious. I'm a traditionalist so whilst i appreciate the irony of a little girl in a serious "tale of the tape" pose, it doesn't work for me because she's so young and innocent.

They are all great though. I particularly like the fact that the catch lights are so constrained.

Lovely shots, David. The shadows are maybe a little deep for my tastes, but for deep shadows, you are exposing them really well.

The Lastolite modifiers are really good. I have a softbox which I have used with their adapter and it works a treat.

What do you mean by deep shadows Graham? You'll have to excuse my ignorance. Lol. And i guess the exposure is a bit of a given with TTL flash. :oops: :$

#2 for me, i saw it and instantly smiled myself. #3 is serious, WWE or UFC serious. I'm a traditionalist so whilst i appreciate the irony of a little girl in a serious "tale of the tape" pose, it doesn't work for me because she's so young and innocent.

They are all great though. I particularly like the fact that the catch lights are so constrained.

Steady on with the innocent bit... :D

Yeah i know what you mean, but i quite like to mix the expressions up. I 'thought' it suited the background but i guess the girly clothes kind of detract from that a little. Maybe i should gangster her up a bit next time. :LOL:

Thanks for the comments. :)

Cracking shots matey - sounds and looks like a nice setup you've put together there..

Shots #2 and #3 are my favourites.. The 'don't mess with me' pose of #3 is a cracker! :D

What do you mean by deep shadows Graham? You'll have to excuse my ignorance. Lol. And i guess the exposure is a bit of a given with TTL flash. :oops: :$

I am referring to the areas of really dark and prominent shadows stretching to the background of #1 and #2 - to Lily's right. It certainly shouldn't detract from a great set, as it is just a personal taste of mine. #3, #4 & #5 are totally different images and there is much more of a moodiness to them, reinforced through the use of shadows.

Just a subjective opinion :)

Back