Testing, Testing 1..2...3..

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
been covering lots of testing recently! Some cold, some not so cold!

Here's a few.. have a butchers hook

IMG_1732_xlarge.jpg

1) BMW Testing at Snetterton

IMG_3047_xlarge.jpg

2) Bit of BTCC slidey action

IMG_3778_xlarge.jpg

3) Vertical panning at Snett

IMG_4601_xlarge.jpg

4) Trying to find a new angle at Oulton Park

DSC_5520_xlarge.jpg

5) Decided not to bring all my equipment to Brit GT Launch night, just took the little Nikon J1 and used a garden wall as a tripod. Happy enough with the results

IMG_5659_xlarge.jpg

6) A little bit of Paul Ricard Marmite

Like them, the brit gt launch is verry nice, love the Oulten Park one aswell, as for the marmite, hmm i really cant make my mind up, think it will grow on me tho,
well done,
Dave

3 & 6 are the picks for me. Love the colours at Paul Ricard, always a win for me. Perhaps the car is a touch too far to the extreme of frame????
I know why you have to do it, and much as I enjoy the images you post. It would be so much better from a viewing perspective if I didnt have to squint through the watermark.
Thats life though I guess.
Good stuff. Look forward to more of your work through 2013

Very nice set and all good images my faves are 1+4 and as for the marmite shot with those ugly run of stripes so in your face at Paul Ricard using them this way in the shot was a great idea and works well for me (y)

I like #3 Gary!

#6....mmmm Marmite for sure. The famous stripes is cool, the placement of the car I think is maybe not quite right (as Matty said) - feels a little awkward. Good alternative concept mind you!

Me? I've *never* shot motorsport me :)

(y)

Four wheeled f****er! (y)

Very very nice. Really like 3, 4 & 6.

I don't think 6 would work with most circuits, but because all the runoff lines draws your eyes toward the car, it works well in this case.

Particularly interested in 3 though. When you say vertical pan, you mean panning top to bottom? If so, how do you manage to get the car so sharp while moving towards you? Bloody impressive! :D

#3 stands out for me, top shot. Hate marmite but do like #6 although as said may have been better still if a tad further in. Very creative.

1, 2 and 3 are really good and the last one - not really my thing BUT you have surpassed yourself with this one and I find myself actually liking it quite a lot (just don't tell anyone okay)

.DAVID.

Drop me an email. I'm sure we can sort something out

Ha thanks Gaz, I didn't mean to imply they were overpriced.. in fact the opposite I think you should be able to command more. I meant i'm actually on the bread line :)

I think I saw one of the mp412 on your site from the same position which I marginally prefer - next month i'll revisit :)

I love them all, except 4, which I only like.

I meant 5 - now Gary's reply post looks even weirder:D

Last edited:
Says no spectating, and I wasn't ;)
What was quite cool though was there was a hole in the panel at exactly where I wanted to shoot! So I didn't have to go tip toes after all.

Acquitted on a technicality then.
But a bit worried about what you know about holes in a fence!!!!
You can get same sort of shot from start line light gantry. That's totally legal

Ha thanks Gaz, I didn't mean to imply they were overpriced.. in fact the opposite I think you should be able to command more. I meant i'm actually on the bread line :)

I think I saw one of the mp412 on your site from the same position which I marginally prefer - next month i'll revisit :)

i meant if you want a digital image to do your magic on just give me a shout and i'll send it over.. love your work, so i'd be glad to.

i meant if you want a digital image to do your magic on just give me a shout and i'll send it over.. love your work, so i'd be glad to.

Really appreciate that Gary, I hadn't thought about the digital art side, but actually, I'd love to have a go at it... If you want to choose one you'd like me to work on, I'll get stuck in :D

Nice set :D

LOL cant fault any of them but #6 for some reason just makes me a bit,well don't know just not as grabbing as the other five.

Cant remember if it was yourself or Sport Stock that did a silhouette of a single race driver in a pit garage which stuck in my head for years so #1 is cool.

Love the BMW shot and also the vertical pan (y)

absolutely adore 3 , 5 and 6 love the unusual composition always great to see something different and really draws you into the top r/h corner

cracking shots Gary :)

Back