Tethered Shooting

Edit My Images
No
I find myself doing a lot of this now that Aperture has built in support. I usually set my laptop up next to me during a game (sports) or have it around at a wedding for the formal work. Though there is one aspect to it which is getting on my nerves.

Im using a set of D200's and I cant find anything in the manual for what I want to do. Basically this:

1. Creat a tethered connection.
  2. Take a photograph.
  3. Photograph automatically imports to Aperture.
  4. Aperture deletes original photograph on memory card.
  5. Not need to worry about formatting the card once full.

Now step 1,2 and 3 are done already by Aperture. But step 4 and 5 would be great. Does anyone know if there is an automatic delete option either built into the camera or in Aperture?

Thanks.

King.

can you not do tethered shooting with no memory card in the D200 :shrug:

never tried it so am just just guessing?

Nope, I have set the camera to release the shutter even if there is no memory card present. It wont release. The top LCD reads PC where the remaining frames usually resides when a memory card is not present. There has to be a setting somewhere.

What I'm wondering is that maybe the camera needs a memory card there to clear the buffer to but USB 2.0 can read/write at up to 480Mb's per second. Way faster than any CF card.

I don't have much experience of this, but when I played with Camera Control Pro 2, the images transfered straight to the PC and were not stored on the memory card.

i'm not using any camera control software as I want to just use one package. Ill look into it though.

Back