Tewitfield Locks / Lancaster canal.

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the Easter bank holiday weekend up in Lancs at my sisters. As per usual, the camera was the first thing loaded in the car. (may upload some of the other pics later, but they're for a different thread)

I am already aware that the white balance is ropey at best (i ended up having to put the w/b on Auto as i found it frustrating), however i'd really like to know how to take 'better' pictures - better angles perhaps, or how to feature the object i'm shooting with background or foreground etc. Anyway, i'll shut up and show a few of the pics...

Camera used is an S3380 Fuji 'bridge' camera. I took probably 100 pictures, i'm only happy ('ish) with about 20 of them, which i found dissapointing, even though i know i can't expect decent pictures with every click.

C&C welcome and encouraged ! Thanks for looking.

1 3 and 6 appeal to me
some extra pp could add meat to the saturation and contrast and make the shots a bit un 'as seen'
good composition on those 3

cheers
geof

1 3 and 6 appeal to me
some extra pp could add meat to the saturation and contrast and make the shots a bit un 'as seen'
good composition on those 3

cheers
geof

Thanks.

I always aim for 'realism' if/when i edit my pictures. #6 has actually been quite heavily photoshop'd to take the front of a boat, rope and several people out of it too - i did consider taking the ducks out too, but i quite like ducks ! :)

Back