Texture slider: a new fantastic tool in Lightroom (version 8.3)

Nice to see Adobe are doing something to justify their monthly hire charge.
Looks very much like the "structure" slider in On1, which also has a "Dehaze" slider.
One thing I like about On1 is that it has "Highlights," "Midtones" and "Shadows" adjustment sliders.
Maybe Adobe will catch up someday.
Try harder Adobe, I'm not about to return any time soon.

Nice to see Adobe are doing something to justify their monthly hire charge.
Looks very much like the "structure" slider in On1, which also has a "Dehaze" slider.
One thing I like about On1 is that it has "Highlights," "Midtones" and "Shadows" adjustment sliders.
Maybe Adobe will catch up someday.
Try harder Adobe, I'm not about to return any time soon.

LR has highlights, shadows, blacks and whites and across them offers more control over any of the variant names for the same controls on most of the others. I've tried On1, DXO lab, Capture One and Affinity, none of them are as good as LR. You're right on the texture slider though, it is very akin to structure in the likes of SIlver FX pro and other software that have that option, LR also has clarity and Dehaze too.

I hate to admit it, as I'd really rather not be tied to a contract with LR, but it is simply the best of it's kind.

LR has highlights, shadows, blacks and whites and across them offers more control over any of the variant names for the same controls on most of the others. I've tried On1, DXO lab, Capture One and Affinity, none of them are as good as LR. You're right on the texture slider though, it is very akin to structure in the likes of SIlver FX pro and other software that have that option, LR also has clarity and Dehaze too.

I hate to admit it, as I'd really rather not be tied to a contract with LR, but it is simply the best of it's kind.
I was of that opinion at one time, and I thought that LR provided the best highlight recovery of any raw developer.
Testing reveals this to no longer be true, and both On1 and DxO now provide better highlight recovery.

LR is the best complete package, others have good individual features, but not enough to tempt me away.
I used Photo Ninja for a while with Fuji, that has a very good adjustment called detail and noise ninja is excellent too.
Again its ok as a plug in with LR, but not what I want or need as a standalone program

I have to say that I thought there was enough slider in lightroom dehaze - structure - clarity sounds a lot of the same stuff.
So I went in and I move some sliders about.
Structure seem to be the same as clarity but better?
Any reason to still use clarity?

Back