Textured twins

S

stupar

I've been having another go at using textured overlays on some of my portrait work and trying to define a style that suits me.
In this image I used a texture called cold steel which I warmed up by changing the hue.

Re the image - I know the lollies and expressions may not be the best but it was more of a test image than anything else for the texture.

Comments welcome on all aspects of the image though. Thanks for looking!

Textured twins by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Thanks Joe. It's interesting you say that, I did think about tweaking the contrast to make the texture pop slightly but I settled for the muted effect as I quite liked it when I kept going back to the image and looking at it.

Stuart very beautiful composition & gorgeous kiddies (y)

I am a big fan of the softer style of PP but feel these are a little on the wishy washy side for my taste but if to your taste that's fine :)

Interesting processing. A little washed out for me, but the texture is interesting,although I don't think works with the additional sharpening you've done around the eyes. That looks unreal to me.

Stuart very beautiful composition & gorgeous kiddies (y)

I am a big fan of the softer style of PP but feel these are a little on the wishy washy side for my taste but if to your taste that's fine :)
Interesting processing. A little washed out for me, but the texture is interesting,although I don't think works with the additional sharpening you've done around the eyes. That looks unreal to me.

Thanks guys.
It's this kind of critique that I am looking for. I will re visit the image and makes some tweaks and do a comparison afterwards.

Stuart but as I said it is for you to end with what you like :)

Super pose, the lollies really add to the image for me and the ezpression on the little girls face is brill. Processing works for me also but maybe a small addition of contrast as Joe said along with a reduction in the sharpening and it's there.

Hi there. I like them too everything works for me.TBH the only thing that jumped out at me was the sharpness around the little girls clothing is slightly showing a halo on my screen, fine around the head's though but I guesss people not into photography would never see that.

Gaz

Stuart but as I said it is for you to end with what you like :)
Super pose, the lollies really add to the image for me and the ezpression on the little girls face is brill. Processing works for me also but maybe a small addition of contrast as Joe said along with a reduction in the sharpening and it's there.
Hi there. I like them too everything works for me.TBH the only thing that jumped out at me was the sharpness around the little girls clothing is slightly showing a halo on my screen, fine around the head's though but I guesss people not into photography would never see that.

Gaz

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Give it a little unsharp mask to make it pop but still have the light haziness Stuart :)

Back