TFL depot transport museum, Acton, London. (Pic heavy)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Lots of people that have been to London will be aware of the TFL museum on Covent Garden, but fewer will know about the depot museum a few minutes walk from Acton Town tube station. It's only open a few weekends a year, and a couple of special occasions. It's about the size of a small Aldi/Lidl/Tesco's (supermarket of your choice) superstore. I'm not a train nerd - I couldn't tell you the difference between one train and another - but have always had an interest in London Transport over the ages. It was open the other weekend when I happened to be in London, so got myself a ticket and had a wander around. Lots of signs, tube carriages, buses and behind the scenes operations gear. If you're in or around London, and have a bit of an interest in transport history, it's a decent day out. Here's a few I took with my 1dx2 and either a 50mm 1.2, 11-24mm, or 70-200mm. It might bring back a few memories for those of a certain age. (With a 6 pic limit - I'll pop up two posts)

A78I8753-Edit.jpg

A78I8748-Edit.jpg

A78I8439.jpg

A78I8651.jpg

A78I8694.jpg

A78I8475.jpg

I think these are great it must have been a very interesting visit, I am quite envious

It is a really good set in its own right but for that kind of location/setting/environment it really is very well done indeed, you have captured the essence of a transport museum with out lots of clutter and distracting elements. Inspirational, thanks for sharing

Nice set of an obviously interesting place - thanks for sharing. :)

Great set ;) It's a super place to visit. So much of those images remind me of my childhood!

Back