TFT Monitors

Im using a 2405FPW and I love it, however, after using the Apple 30" screen ive got my heart set on one of those. I will probably use some of my Christmas bonus to buy it, i cannot wait. That way I can finally get rid of my tiny 17" NEC1760NX that im having to use on my 2nd PC atm.

Isn't 30" a bit big for a desk though? Followed a link posted here to an ebay dell seller. They had a 30" and it was 2650 x 1600 - thats a lot of pixels :)

I'm still thinking about a bigger tft but that sounds huge.

The problem that you can get with huge LCD monitors is that if you sit close (ie desk use) then the viewing angle to the screen effectively changes towards the screen edge giving colour/brightness variations.

I'd almost talked myself into buying the Philips 200W6CS till I read of some problems with them, Philips take weeks to replace and only replace with refurbished units.

Next up is the Dell, essentially the same monitor but 16ms instead of 8 and £35 more expensive.

I'd almost talked myself into buying the Philips 200W6CS till I read of some problems with them, Philips take weeks to replace and only replace with refurbished units.

Next up is the Dell, essentially the same monitor but 16ms instead of 8 and £35 more expensive.

Do Dell actually make their own peripharies, monitors, printers, etc., or as they just rebadged other makes? Anyway, I stick to my Hanns G HW191D widescreen recommendation.

Philips LG and Samsung make their monitors, I believe Lexmark used to (if not currently) make their printers, this occured after Dell fell out with HP and decided to compete with them instead of just selling HP printers.

Back