Critique Thames at night

I like number two, but number three is the best for me, nicely lit up. I'll be honest, not sure with the first one, could be the cloud/sky colour blending with the buildings, looks too blue... sorry.

I like number two, but number three is the best for me, nicely lit up. I'll be honest, not sure with the first one, could be the cloud/sky colour blending with the buildings, looks too blue... sorry.

Thanks Chris. I see what you mean about the first one, my big stopper has a very blue cast and I didn't fully correct the WB.

The 3rd is great, really good details. What settings did you use if you don't mind me asking?

The 3rd is great, really good details. What settings did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. It was at f11 for 20 seconds. Shot with the Canon 16-35 F4 which I got recently and like a lot :)

I think the first one looks better without the rocks in the foreground.
Love the colours in no 2 & 3

I wish they would repair that missing section of lighting on the upper walkway of Tower Bridge!

(I think there's a section missing on the upstream side on the actual Bascule as well.)

I like nbr 2 and 3. They have punch, although I believe nbr 2 is not aligned straight but only by a whisker. You can get a nice little level http://www.cameralevel.com/hinged-level.html

I believe nbr 1 needs cropping, and my preference would be to crop the foreground.

My preference is nbr 3 of Tower Hill, a really nice shot.

Love number 2 and 3, wouldn't really change anything about 3 but number 2 would perhaps crop a bit of the top as I find the bottom of the bridge a bit distracting.

Number 3 the winner for me though! (y)

+1 for number 3 - very, very nice!

I actually quite like the foreground of number 1: ie, the rocks and river. It has a dreamlike quality in the blue. To me, it almost looks like the background doesn't go with the foreground. The foreground being dreamlike, but then the background bringing you back into reality with a bit of a bump. If it had misty mountains or a sillohettes of distant trees instead of the London skyline it might work in a different way.

Back