Thank You Canon (at last)

W

whiteflyer

Well it's taken them a long time, but at last Canon has put an Angle Adjustment tool in the latest version of DPP 3.8.1 :clap:

Digital Photo Pro 3.8 Updater.

Also available on the same page Picture Style Editor 1.7.0 . Select your OS on the landing page to see the available downloads.

Thanks Mark

Hadn't spotted the updates - will take a look... (y)

Well I just downoaded the update & can't find the angle adjustment tool anywhere?

Or is it jus getting a bit late now :LOL:

That is just so easy to use, love it.

Thanks for the heads up

spike

without sounding dumb, what does it do?

It enables you to rotate the image to any angle you wish. The main use is for levelling the horizon.
All previous versions of DPP have not had this, all you could do was to turn the image in 90 degree increments.

It's only taken them about 6 years to do this!

Thanks very much for pointing this one out. I love it already - much more intuitive than the photoshop version.

Without trying to hijack, can anybody point me in the direction of a good user guiide for DPP? I open the program then I'm at a loss to know what to do with it... Are there any How To books or websites available for it? I really want to check out DPP's noise reduction capabilities (am using LR2 at the moment.

Sorry if I'm being dumb! ;)

Without trying to hijack, can anybody point me in the direction of a good user guiide for DPP? I open the program then I'm at a loss to know what to do with it... Are there any How To books or websites available for it? I really want to check out DPP's noise reduction capabilities (am using LR2 at the moment.

Sorry if I'm being dumb! ;)

Check out these vids.

http://www.usa.canon.com/content/dpp2/index.html

Very usefull to get you started but it would be nice if they would update them to cover all the new things that have been added since 3.2 !!

And how about some sort of masterclass, there are still things on there I don't understand.

David

If it took them 6 years to put a straightening tool in... I wouldn't hold your breath. ;)

Oooh, just in time! I'll give this a looksy now. I was about to hit the "Purchase" button for Adobe Lightroom!

Back