Beginner Thank you - I'm totally hooked !!

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Just like to say a big thank you to the site in general and comments and responses to my posts since joining a few days ago.

Going back thirty years or more I had ( and still do ) an Olympus OM 10 that I used for a few years and then for whatever reason has just sat at the back of the wardrobe doing nothing. I have always taken pictures but mainly using compacts and latterly my iPhone ( love the way my pictures are sat on my iPad and MacBook pro when I get home )

Last week I bought an ebay £80 special Fuji bridge camera to test the water ( didn't want to spend a fortune on something else to sit in the wardrobe ) and I am totally hooked. I have been out every day looking for opportunities and even looking round the house for things that might look good.

I bought an MGB late last year and we have lots of plans to tour in it so that has also been an inspiration and what a great combination - classic cars, touring and photography !! Couldn't be better.

I have about £500 spare available in April and already I am looking towards my first upgrade.

Thanks for re kindling my interest in an old hobby.

Be careful, or you'll start selling basses to py for lenses. ;)

:) not be selling my Geddy Lee in the near future or my TRB or my Fretless.................

Well that's it now - no hope, no going back -> it's started :D

Welcome to having no money spare ...

Yes but definitely going to employ the "one in one out" rule that us bassists totally ignore :)

It is great to hear of your enthusiasm, Tony. I look forward to seeing the results.

You'll have £500 in April and you are thinking of upgrading ..... £499, £498, £497, ..... say no more:)

Dave

:) not be selling my Geddy Lee in the near future or my TRB or my Fretless.................
I actually met Geddy Lee in person once. Well, I didn't actually speak to him. But he was standing behind me in a long queue for beer at a concert. I though to myself, "...at least I beat the Rush!"

...I'll get my coat.

He told me "I get that all the time."

Last edited:
Welcome to the money pit ! lol
You're not kidding there!
Once we have seen very sharp photos taken with Pro series lenses providing we have the cash all sense is lost and it's time for a 2nd mortgage! :D

Back