Thanks random lady........

Edit My Images
Yes
For driving into the side of me today and writing off my girlfriends car (well, looking at the damage tht's what I'm assuming)

Then coming up with the lame excuse 'sorry, my foot slipped off the clutch'

So why did it manage to go 10 feet before it hit me without stalling then?

AAAAARRRGH!!!!

I now can't work and my surpise trip to cornwall for kell's birthday on friday is off the cards too.

Suspiciously, the insurance documents for her daughters car she was driving are in her daughters house and she's away on holiday :thinking:

so yes, thanks random lady.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest!

did you inform the police of the fact that she couldn't provide insurance details for you?

If you need a car on the quick, see if your Gf's insurance will stump up for a car while it's all sorted.

And these morons get access to 'women only' car insurance.

Discrimination, is what it is.

Buggers shouldn't be allowed near anything faster than a shopping trolley.

</rant>

No I haven't. She said saturday so I'll give her until then as I'm fair minded chap and she could be telling the truth. She was about 60 and a bit doddery.....I'm just the suspicious type. Car is still driveable, just both doors pushed well in and the pillar between them too. Still drives ok, but the car is only worth a couple of grand so I'm thinking they will probably write it off.

will be speaking to her insurance company about loss of earnings for both me and kell though. Plus car hire..........kell's insurance company wont provide a courtesy car, cheap insurance isn't such a good idea sometimes!

tell the police Gandhi, and ring that bint or go see her and get the details now

have you gone yet?

I do hope some some OAP renagade isn't sitting at home in front of the TV sniggering about how she got one over on the youth of today.

I agree with Matty on this I'm afraid. Inform the Police now.....she's already admitted liability which SHOULD mean that an insurance claim is pretty much a formality, but there is a bit of me which wonders why she's driving on her daughter's insurance......there aren't a vast number of "any driver" private policies about.......maybe just my suspicious nature but I think if I were you I'd be erring on the side of caution!

I have all her details, reg etc. She only lives 20feet round the corner from kell and I've called her landline just to check she wasn't pulling a fast one.

I'll leave the police til saturday as I believe even old ladies deserve the benefit of the doubt. to a point.

No details on saturday and I'll be phoning the brother-in-law DC type person to go round and put the fear of god up her!

I'm only sayin this as I had an accident a few years ago and was not covered when I thought I was (misunderstanding on my g/f's part) so I know what it's like!

I'm sure a couple of days won't hurt. She told me tonight that it's tesco she's insured with, so I may just give them a ring later and do some checking of my own!

Good man! Problem is, IF she is insured then all well and good, no harm done, but if she's not then any delay won't help your case!

No doubt a silly question but you have informed your insurance company I take it?!

I hope you have a camera handy for when the armed response squad cart the renagade bid away and slam her in the kink for a 10 stretch :D

Witch said:
Good man! Problem is, IF she is insured then all well and good, no harm done, but if she's not then any delay won't help your case!

No doubt a silly question but you have informed your insurance company I take it?!

yeah, they know aaaaalll about it. They were fine about it, obviously her fault and didn't appear too fussed about not having the polcy number yet......

as long as you do notify plod, within 24 hours

Sorry to hear that Gandhi - good luck with it!

Aye insurance or not, if someone is injured you (or she) is required to inform the police within 24 hours...

I think...

Back