That Ginetta G50 crash

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as no-one else on the forum apparently captured it..heres the before and after shots, taken through the fence on the outside of turn 1.

Breeze loses it on the exit of turn 1. Proctor in the green car is chasing 2 other cars, not knowing what was ahead.
SI_BTCC09OP_Ginetta_8511.jpg

The aftermath of the smash. About a few seconds after the cars collided.
SI_BTCC09OP_Ginetta_8512.jpg

The remains of Carl Breeze's car
SI_BTCC09OP_Ginetta_8515.jpg

The remains of Mark Proctors car
SI_BTCC09OP_Ginetta_8521.jpg

Seeming as it was a side on impact the side of Carl Breezes' car looks in pretty good nick.

Hi there. I have a whole sequence of it from the other side of the track but I didn't want to post them due to the severity of the accident. There are a few on my website but those of actual impact have been made a bit smaller.

I'll post a couple of small thumbs here if it's ok. Sorry don't want to hijack your thread! The G50's have certainly had extensive crash testing, particularly at Oulton Park.

BTCC_and_Support_Oulton_Park_310509_AE_081_Small.jpg

BTCC_and_Support_Oulton_Park_310509_AE_085_Small.jpg

BTCC_and_Support_Oulton_Park_310509_AE_086_Small.jpg

Hope Mark and Carl make a speedy recovery.

Hi there. I have a whole sequence of it from the other side of the track but I didn't want to post them due to the severity of the accident.

eh?? that's what photographers do! why wouldn't you post pictures? photographers take pics of a lot worse than a car crash at a race track (and publish them) ! Nice sequence BTW

Ah so someone at TP did capture it. One would of thought so. Nice shots too mate.

Reading Motorsports news today Marc Proctor has decided to hang up his helmet and never race again because of this accident,sad news as he is a talented driver

Dave

eh?? that's what photographers do! why wouldn't you post pictures? photographers take pics of a lot worse than a car crash at a race track (and publish them) ! Nice sequence BTW

Because it's his choice.

If someone has been hurt then not everyone wants to be reminded of it.

Thats the reason why I didnt post any of this crash to begin with.

I was shooting, got Breeze as he spun but when I saw he landed smack in the middle of the track and cars were narrowly avoiding him I stopped. Partially because I knew it could result in serious injury if someone hit him, and partially because it was very close to me and I wanted to be able to get out of the way of a flying G50 (BTCC I'd keep going, but I ain't dying for any blooming Ginettas) :D

Andy Neate was involved in similar type of crash (although his injuries were much, much worse) in Britcar at Brands last year and his family understandably did not want those images on the internet.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of before the impact. I have some of the aftermath, but they won't be going up. Not for a while yet, anyway.

1. Carl Breeze spins and bumps along the grass.

3595345787_71ee6b51e2_o.jpg

2. Carl sits helplessly (god knows what he's thinking). Cars zoom past, some showing incredible reactions to avoid him. The faces in the background tell the story.

3596152376_75cf3421d9_o.jpg

I was shooting, got Breeze as he spun but when I saw he landed smack in the middle of the track and cars were narrowly avoiding him I stopped. Partially because I knew it could result in serious injury if someone hit him, and partially because it was very close to me and I wanted to be able to get out of the way of a flying G50 (BTCC I'd keep going, but I ain't dying for any blooming Ginettas) :D

Andy Neate was involved in similar type of crash (although his injuries were much, much worse) in Britcar at Brands last year and his family understandably did not want those images on the internet.

That Crash, with Andy Neat happend at Silverstone in the Britcar 24hr,.

Seeming as it was a side on impact the side of Carl Breezes' car looks in pretty good nick.

I think the main force of the impact was around the wheel arch, and would of absorbed a fair bit of the energy. A few inches to the left and I think Breeze may have come out of it in worse shape than he did.

Are both drivers alright?

I watched this on TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was dreading what the outcome would be. I've looked around to find out what condition the drivers are in but I can't find much.

as i have posted in another thread mark proctor suffered a broken back and will never race again due too his injuries. As for the OP i got pics of the incident including the impact and aftermath etc but as one of the drivers suffered quite severe injuries i didnt post any pics.

Carl Breeze has a badly bruised leg and Mark Proctor broke a bone in his back.

I've heard conflicting reports as to whether Mark will ever be able to race again, someone who knows him personally has said he has taken the decision not to. Carl could be back for Snetterton - If they get the car sorted!

marc proctor has broke his back and his leg was shattered on the bar behind the dash that's what took them so long to get him out i was marshalling the meet so i get the full story. hope gets better soon

Because it's his choice.

If someone has been hurt then not everyone wants to be reminded of it.

I agree about not posting images of accidents were drivers are injured or when drivers injuries are unknown...you have to give respect to the drivers and their families involved in such accidents...

Hope both Carl and Mark have a speedy recovery...

Last edited:
:( Such a shame to hear about the injuries! Never nice to see such a bad crash!! We all want a amazing crash shot but not one where there are severe, career ending injuries :(

Back